CANABUTTER the making of

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jay t bell, Apr 15, 2004.

1. thanks for the cool guide man I just made it. I cheated and put it into the fridge for 2 hours, then into the freezer for 20 minutes to get it to harden real fast. The top part of it hardened and I scraped some off and put it on a piece of bread with some peanut butter. Hopefully it comes out good, im gonna put the rest into some sugar cookies tomorrow but I was just dieing to see what the potency is like.

2. Very great thread everyone love all the valuable info im getting off of this site its great i cant wait to read more... but i thought i would stop by and leave my 2 cents correct me if im wrong been awhile since i brushed up on my facts :p

If you eat marijuana like in brownies or cookies u can get a slightly different high. It's pretty much the same, maybe stronger, then smoking the marijuana but u dont get the nasty side effects like cotton mouth or "hard lungs". You can eat bud without cooking it but it wont really do anything for you. To get the "high" feeling marijuana gives off you must bring the bud to a certain temp to get the THC cookin.

hope that helps...

3. you got my props. you tell a really good story with those pictures

4. Couple questions re: your post, indiana toker.
    Sounds about right, as I've heard before that 1/8-1/4 oz should be used for a single batch. Btw... this is a good recipe for those looking to buy those pre-fab'd Betty Crocker brownie mixes and making a batch following those instructions, except substituting the cannabutter/oil for regular butter/oil, correct?
    If you grind it into powder.... are you sure you'll be able to strain it out if you grind it that tiny? "flakes" seems like it would work tho.

OK so if you're using the double boiler, it's OK to let the water boil, because that means any water over 100 degrees celcius would evaporate to gas and thus the temp of the water in the outer pot heating the inner can never rise above 100C. Am I right here?
    Interesting... what about "fat-free" butter or vegetable oil? Would the THC not be able to transfer into the fat (because it's "fat-free")? And you can use regular vegetable oil for this recipe, right? (I just think it would be easier than butter)

thx in advance

5. Man Im trying this herbal stuff and I truly miss smoke somke yeah you know .
    :rolleyes:
    but hell I have not smoke anything like Good old T.H.C in 6 mounths becuase well Im living in NC and I use to live in Toronto God I miss smoke smoke !!:smoking:

well I guess I can always dream about it and ..
    hmm
    SHit
    Hook a Brother up lol :D

6. should I use the low or high setting on my croc-pot? i just threw the leaves in bout 10 minutes ago. cant wait to make some chocolate cheeba squares!

7. Why are you crocking it? I usually throw some butter on the stove, get it to a boil, turn it down to very low setting, then add all my dank leaf, keep messing w/ it till it's soooo green, strain it and use it.. You don't want to burn the butter or leaf.. But you already knew that..:D

8. It doesn't really have the same effect. It makes me more chillin' sometimes not wanting to move. But I have to watch when I eat it, at night is best for me.. Unless I am doing something. It makes my whole body numb. I love eating it. But you can also puke eating it if you eat to much. I've done lots of times it's so good!

One time on 4-19 I was making cookies for a 4:20 party we was going to have. I ate at least 2 cookies out of each batch and I made about 8 dozen. The peanut butter ones were green w/ rollo's in the middle instead of kisses, mmmm, so yummy.. Well after all the cookies were done I had to go lay down in bed. I laid down and was able to hear my heart beating really loud next thing you know I was hugging the toilet. Man did that suck. I hate puking unless the reason was caused by really good boomers! :D

9. Very nice I always wondered what would happen in that case.

10. if i had the leaves and a connection to get shrooms, id put shrooms in those ice trays with the melted weed-chocolate, you probably would still taste both but itd be decently masked id imagine

11. oh the pleasure that can be had from a crop!
    i'll be looking fwd to testing this out when I get to that point...

nice one :)

12. I tried this and i got stoned off my ass. Niice thread man.

13. hi..i have a male plant and was thinking of doing some canabutter.. do i dry it forst or do i chop it off and throw in on the boiling water and butter??? thankyou..

14. i was told to dry it for 3-4 days and then throw it in the freezer overnight before cookin it

15. Here's something I've been wondering about cannabutter...

After you cook with it, whether it be brownies, cookies, whatever, do you have to warm that thing up to make the thc active again? In other words, is the thc active whether it's warm when you eat it or not? I've eaten brownies both warm and room temperature and I almost want to think that the warm ones are more potent (they taste better at least!), but I'm thinking it's just in my mind.

Here's why I ask: If it can be cold at the time of consumption than you could very easily make weed ice cream (because to make really good ice cream you should either use cream or raw milk, which has a lot of fat in it).

16. I followed your process exactly ended up with nasty tasty chocolate that made people gag and had zero effect. Not any high at all. I don't recommend anyone trying this recipe its a waste of time. Cannabutter can not be made from shade leaves and stems! Its just won't get you high!

17. Don't try this
    <HR>I followed your process exactly ended up with nasty tasty chocolate that made people gag and had zero effect. Not any high at all. I don't recommend anyone trying this recipe its a waste of time. Cannabutter can not be made from shade leaves and stems! Its just won't get you high!

hey rolinup... i have also tried this method 3 times and each time it was a blast.... so i have to disagree with you and say that in my opinion you are wrong.. this method worked really good with all my trimming leaves,stems and the smaller buds in the botom of my baby.. i have also tried it with a male plant i had which also turned out quite good considering.. peace :)

18. nenu How much does one have to eat. I am setting on a lbs of green butter that I don't want to eat. Does it always come out tasting so green? THanks

19. hi.. i used 130 grams of butter (thats all i needed for the recipe i used) i can't tell you the ammount of leaves i used as i never wieghed it but i used the trimmings an stem of one plant after i cut off all the buds... the plant was about 3 feet tall.. i made 12 chocklate brownies and all i ate was one and after about 3/4 of an hour i was totally baked... the high lasted for about 6 hours (we were also smoking).. hope this helps.. (ps. make sure u use butter and not margerine) happy new year :):)

20. The amount to eat and to get a buzz, depends upon the amount of THC in the bud or shake that you used to make the canabutter. If you use high quality buds your going to get high quality canabutter:smoking:, thus you have to use less. If you use ditch weed trim to make it, you will need more canabutter to catch a buzz:mad:.

I use 1 oz of WW trim, sun leafs and popcorn buds to 1/2 pound of butter. I then use 1/4 pound of the butter to make 2 dozen cookies. To find out what the right amount to eat, I start off with 1 cookie for the first hour and if I need more I then eat 1/2 a cookie each hour until I achieve a nice buzz.

If you are using nasty smelling weed:eek: or even best buds and you want to remove the pot smell and taste from your cooking:rolleyes:. Place your dried weed into water and allow it to soak for 2 to 3 days (the THC is not water soluble and will stay in the plant material until it reaches 175 degrees or higher) gently pour off the water which will be green colored, from the chlorophyll in the the weed. Next add 2 inches water into a pot or double boiler and then add your weed, butter. Then place it on the stove and let it slow boil for 10 to 20 mins, remove and allow it to cool and set up:p.

When you smoke a joint or a pipe you can lose more then half of your THC into smoke in the room:eek: and your only able to process about 1/4 of the smoke that you take into your lungs:(. By using canabutter you get to use up all of the THC in the plant material:D.

1/8 Oz of of top quality bud can make you a 1/4 pound of canabutter and 24 cookies, 3 cookies per day equals 8 days of super buzz:), instead of smoking it all in 1 or 2 days:mad:.

WARNING: If you are using super 1 hit weed to make your canabutter try starting off with only 1/4 to 1/2 cookie and work your way up to a high.:hello:

If there is no THC in plant material there is no process which will magically change your butter into canabutter;). A good rule of thumb is if it takes 1 pin joint, to get a good buzz it should take 1 cookie, if you have to smoke 5 pin joints it will take 2 to 5 cookies and if your using ditch weed that takes you 1 pound to get high, throw it a way and get some decent weed.:wave: