CANABUTTER the making of

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jay t bell, Apr 15, 2004.

1. I was actually wondering what the water was for. Thanks for clearing that up for me :D

...That is a good idea :) I'm definately gonna have to try it sometime.

2. I know this is gonna sound lame but a quick word of warning.

I've made some of this with my trimmings and stalks and would really recomend that peeps weight their herb before doing this. I didn't and just used my 'eye' to judge. After 4 batches I made a big one for the fifth and decided to weigh my grass before adding it, only to find that what I thought as 3oz was actually closer to 9!

Couch-lock isn't the phrase as two of those eating my brownies 'lost' 2 whole days!

I guess I shouldn't laugh huh!

3. I wouldn't complain if someone offered me a brownie like that... :D I'd probably actually be deeply grateful, LOL.

4. Me too (actually, being a fat b*****d I did stuff 2 or 3 down too and joined those on cloud 9) but the problem was that those that lost a couple of days are not smokers and this was prob their first exposure to happy buscuits!

Ho hum, can't win 'em all!

5. LMAO! That would be crazy! I imagine they were quite fucked up...

6. OMG this is so cool u kill two birds with one stone!
    u get high by eating and then u u don't get the munchies! awesome i would grow my males now to make butter!

7. I dont really understand how you seperate the water from the rest of it without losing a bunch of butter/nugget. Do you just strain everything and what is in the liguid is what will become the butter?

8. thanks a lot man, doing that tonight...+rep

9. Hey guys,

What about stems and such from dried buds??? Will it work, or will I get a headache, or???

I just grinded up some fat dried stems in a coffee grinder, threw in a hot cup of water and a cup of butter..

Ill see what happens.

or is this a No No??

10. cant hurt trying..

11. this is an old thread....but good method...never thought of a crock pot...im going to try that with a zip of shwag....i wanna put all the butter in one brownie hehe!

• Like Like x 1
  12. nice pictures! thanks

13. Ingredients

One forumula is 2-7 grams of bud or 1/4-1 oz of leaf for a 1/4 lb. stick of butter, yielding a dose (in inverse proporations) of 1/2-2 tbsp per person.

Method 1

. The buds or leaf should be crumbled into small flakes or powder.
    2. The herb and butter or oil go in a doubler boiler, a small pot inside a larger pot filled with water; this prevents the butter-herb min from burning, as it can if cooked directly on the stove. Cooking on he stove needs the lowest heat possible with a few tablespoons of water added, and frequent stirring. Use organic butter-you don't want pesticides or growth hormones in your food, and margine, unless organic, is probably made with oil from genetically modified corn or soybeans. It takes around 20-45 minutes to cook and it's important not to let it burn. If you burn it, not only do you ruin the high, but the flavor is awful.
    3. When done, the leaf residue can be strained out, otherwise everything with it will taste like pot. (The leftover herb can then be chopped up further and added to an "herbed bread" recipie.) I suggest using cannabutter to cook an omelet or for grilled cheese sandwiches, while cannabis oil can be used to suate a veggie mix, or chilled and use to season.

Method 2

Another method is to put enough water in a soup pot to more than cover the herb, and thenadd butter and simmer for a couple of hours. Chilling in the refrigerator will separate the butter from the old skanky water. The water can then be drained through a hole poked in the chilled butter. Then the butter is heated enough to press the leaf out and rechilled in a metal bowl. The remaiing water is then drained off and what is left is the most gorgeous green lovin' butter! Whatever isn't used can be refrigerated or frozen.

• Like Like x 1
  14. i noticed that you use mostly leaves in your cannabutter... im under the impression you smoke the buds, not the leaves, so how can your mixture be potent? and is it more or less potent than smoking?

oh- and in what ways is an ingested high different from a smoked high?

15. 2 make i got this right 500g of butter? thats 4 sticks is that right

16. i made cannabutter using nothing but fresh leaf from a motherplant i massacred for cuttings...it didnt have any visible trichomes anywhere and i was a little sceptical of how potent it would be...i was very pleasantly surprised to find it knocked my socks off....

17. hey you think if i added melted butter into a heated pot of melted dipping chocolate, Stirred for a minute or so and poured it in a mold and when it drys, pow THC chocolate?,can I use old leaves dry crumpled leaves to make it?

?

18. made the chocolate, but i must say it tastes quite foul.......how do you get them down, yeeeeccch

19. WOW...thanks girl....even though this was posted...a long damn time ago...it still rocks...im just blown away!!!

thank u...

keep tokin!!:smoking:

20. does eating mj have the same effect as smoking it, I've never acctually eaten it yet