Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Canabutter smell?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by LittleMsBee, Oct 7, 2016.

1. I know there's already about a thousand posts/ threads like this but I want opinions on my specific situation.

I moved into a new apartment a little less than a week ago and I really want to make some edibles. I've heard that it makes your entire house smell like pot. I live alone and all of the apartments have separate AC/ vents but I still really don't want anyone to smell it.

2. I cook mine for about 2 hours and it stinks my house out. Can smell it outside the front door so I do it all in one big pot and start it about 2am. Could always put it on a camping stove and go somewhere quiet....

3. Is it possible to make in a closed container like a Mason jar? I know if you tried to double boil it things would not end well. But could you maybe get the butter really hot and put ithem in a closed jar with your bud?

4. I made a post earlier about activating THC in hash, it was more of a question though but should work to be fair. Taking butter to a boiling point and putting it in a thermos and put it in there and then boil up some more butter and add that too to balance it out.. A thermos would be smellproof and should keep the butter hot long enough to activate the THC, right? I don't know a smellproof way of activating the THC with bud tho.. Maybe vacuum seal it in a bag that wont melt and boil it for a while?

5. I have used a mason jar to make cannabutter before. Chopped up the weed really finely and then mixed it into a mason jar with the melted butter. I screwed the jar up as normal and let it sit in a pot of simmering water. It bobbled around in the water for about an hour, and then it was ready. Really though, I think it would have been more concentrated if I'd boiled it a little longer.

The one thing I did worry about was the build up of heat/pressure inside the mason jar. Just in case the jar cracked or the lid popped off, I took the jar out of the water every 15 minutes or so and opened it up. This also gave me a chance to mix the weed/butter mixture so it was win-win really.