Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cana oil candy recipes

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Papa Puff, Jan 9, 2019.

1. That's why I was careful. They'll hold a fair amount of oil and remain solid but, of course, it's always best to have your oil as concentrated as possible so you don't have to use a lot. Hard candy is tough with oil, getting it right. It takes a lot of practice that I haven't mastered so I use tincture for those. Good alcohol is needed for that, though and Cali makes it tough. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  2. I tried making some really strong tincture one time and of course I had to use 151 oh my God it was so nasty you could put it like a quarter shot in a cocktail and man all you can taste was that either there's just no way to down trodden it. Just tired of eating brownies and cookies been doing it for so long that time to go to something else mingies I could just take a dauber of the oil but trying to be nice to carry those for a disguise

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Haha, yeah man I lurk on your thread.I know how you roll.:love-m3j::weed:
    I've been using my crock pot, which works, but plug and play sounds beautiful.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Stop in good peeps on my thread. You have been smoking for 30 years and waited until weeds not work shit to start growing it. Been making cookies for about 10 years. I was able to purchase five gallon buckets from Humboldt that would be three quarters usable. Make me a good thousand cookies are so I can't remember what the number was out of a bucket. Stuff was like Asian fantasy which is a good strain that there were growing up there and made bomb as well and cookies with it

• Like Like x 1
  5. I made hard candy which is pretty easy and effective.

Make sure you decarb whatever your using.

If you don't have candy molds you can pour out the mixture on a cookie sheet and use a pizza cutter to score it into little sections then break apart and store in zip lock bags.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. Right on dude, I'll say hi more often on your thread. Been growing about 30 years, just didnt join forums till it was legal. I've had too many years of "no one knows unless they're family" attitude about growing and its been hard to change habits. I'm much more acclimated now after being on this site and coming out of the closet... lol.

• Like Like x 2
  7. The next time you want to try a tincture and have 151 give this a try. Bypass the MBM for your tincture for best results. :)
    Detailed Reduction & Concentration Guide w/video for 151 Proof Green Dragon (Flowers/trim

• Like Like x 1
  8. I wish I had a little bit more of that in me my wife hates it I've been lighting up joints in public and asking the doctors if they smoke

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Ok so test 2 I tried microwave. I Like just putting a ceramic bowl in a pot of boiling water like a double boiler. I was able to mix it in. Cools too quick in micro so oil didn't mix all the way or i put too much[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. very interesting.

I’ve been wanting to make infused cocoa butter and making my own chocolate. have all of the molds but haven’t attempted yet.

I’ve done gummies with MBM tincture twice, and the hardest part for me was getting the damn gummy stuff into the molds. ended up decent at best.

the butter has been working great.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. Hey papa sorry to get off what you’re actually asking, but I’m looking to make a bomb ass pan of brownies. Never had much success with edibles. Tried different decarb times/temps, different actual cook times and temps but have never found a solid recipe or tutorial..

Any help much appreciated. Also would be nice to know how you’re making a concentrated oil for small candies. Very interested in that. I personally am getting tired of smoking ten thousand bongs a day. Would like to get the effects in one bite.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Well i am still thinking tincture is the way for. Candy. Hard to get oil strong enough. What I do is use straight bud in my magical butter machine. I take like 40 gs of trim and 40 gs of bud. I. Use 16oz of coconut oil. And 2 tbs of letichen. If u made it mostly from bud it would. Be strong. This oil works great for peanut butter cookies and brownies. The issue with gummies is that shit is hard to work with melting down. I may try to make from scratch sometime. I am just going to drink the oil. It's not bad

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yah I feel yah I am weezing at night. I also need to. I made butter for years with a crock pot. But to make coconut oil a mb machine would be best. Or a Leva machine

• Like Like x 1
  14. This is portable [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. #35 TimJ, Jan 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
    Basic hard candy recipe I use.
    3/4 cup sugar
    1/2 cup corn syrup
    1/2 tsp. lecithin ( I used powdered sunflower lecithin)
    1/4-cup infused coconut oil
    1-1/2 tsp flavor ( I use LORANN Oils)

I heat the sugars and lecithin to around 280 degrees, your actual target is 300 or hard ball stage. My thermometers are both off. I test by dipping a toothpick into the hot sugar and then into a cup of water until I get to a hard ball stage. At around 280 degrees I'm good to go. Again, my thermometer is off. If you go over 300 degrees you will quickly burn your sugars and it will smell burnt. Ask me how I know.. 20190126_232248.jpg Remove from heat stir until bubbling subsides add coconut oil, flavor and color. Mix and pour as it cools quickly. This recipe never fails for me. Here are the last banana lollipops I have left from my last batch. Edit. This recipe makes 24 of these lollipops.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Just finished a batch a blueberry and upped the powdered sunflower lecithin to 3/4 teaspoon. Just to see if it would affect the taste or anything else. No difference that I can taste or see. Next batch I'll up the coconut oil by 1/8 a cup. 20190129_172611.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Thought I post these even though they are made with butter and not oil. They are really quick and easy to make. You need a Double boiler,1 bag of Ghirardelli White melting wafers 10oz.,1 bag 2oz. bag of chopped pecans (1/2) cup optional, and 1/4 cup butter. I place the chopped nuts in my mold. Melt the butter and white melting wafers, fill molds. I had some extra so I made some hearts without nut. 20190129_215603.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. TimJ, your candies look delicious. Any recommendations on where to get molds? I have one sheet of small plastic round ones but I think I need to upgrade to something more fun and maybe more durable.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  19. #39 TimJ, Feb 9, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    Purpleturtle91, Thank you. I purchase most of my molds from Amazon. Get quality silicone and purchase once. Silicone is easier to clean. You can use the same molds, if you decide to try hard candies. I even found silicone molds that hold 1/4 cup of canna butter. They're convenient when cooking or baking.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Tim J those lollipops and candies look nice! How long have you been making them?

Have you ever experimented with adding terps into your confections to change the strain profiles? You could make different effects such as daytime/nightime, mood enhancing/relief, etc. Adding terps at half a percent to 1% by weight also makes the chocolate taste exotic. =)

• Like Like x 3