Can you vaporize freshly chopped nugs?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ac3adt, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Once you harvest, i know you have to wait until the buds dry to smoke them because wet stuff does not catch on fire and whatnot. But can you vaporize nugs that are still drying? I'm thinking that the trichs will get vaped with the heat, and no need to worrry about the wet plant matter because the good stuff is already been taken care of.

Does this sound like it could work?

Thanks!
    ~ac3

2. well they wont be cured but hmmmmmmmmmmmm good question...!

3. how to get pneumonia

• Like Like x 1
  4. It does really sound good, but I'm not entirely sure it will work out.
    Please keep me posted, lol!
    GL
    Respect!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Well I went ahead and gave it a try with a small nug off the bottom of a branch.. It kinda took a bit for it to start working (maybe had to dry out a bit) but then sure enough it started working. I definitely am feeling high, but not very. That probably has to do with the fact that it was a tiny nug probably less than .1 hmmm.. I might try it again later with a better quality nug.

6. .. Kinda gave me a bit of a headache :/

7. Wait like 3 days for it to dry, it's still too moist to smoke probably. Also still has a lot of chlorophyll (educated guess, may be wrong)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. [quote name='"jimbobbybob"']Wait like 3 days for it to dry, it's still too moist to smoke probably. Also still has a lot of chlorophyll (educated guess, may be wrong)[/quote]

I was actually looking to vaporize it that way I wouldn't have to worry about the plant matter being too wet to light.

9. It can be done, but it tastes "green" and if you have a whip-type, moisture can build up in the whip and cause bacterial or fungal growth. Doing it once in a while is OK, but it's not a good idea to do often in your vape because of the chance of contaminating your whip.

Granny

10. Thanks granny!

Now that you mention it, I did notice some moisture built up in the glass part of the whip. I probably will just wait a few more days until she's fully ready, but if I try again I'll make sure to clean it well so it doesn't leave any mold or other harmful stuff.

~ac3

11. ... I am also curious to know: is it anymore harmful to vape the wet weed than it is vaping dry weed? It seems to me like it's essentially the same thing because the trichs are getting heated and vaporized off the plant matter just like they normally would, right? Would love some clarification on this!

Thanks again!
    ~ac3

12. I have done it with a whip style vape and nugs from some purpleberry that was a week before being ready. I Did it the whole week until chop time. I did notice some water vapor, a way different flavor, it shrinks up and then the vape has a hard time hitting. I would selectively trim and pull lower nugs and have a handful and then end up with a lil pile of vape poo. Oh and yea, i did get high, but it was short lasting. but like mentioned above i wouldnt do it all the time, and its such a waste in my opinion.

13. [quote name='"BenDeisel82"']I have done it with a whip style vape and nugs from some purpleberry that was a week before being ready. I Did it the whole week until chop time. I did notice some water vapor, a way different flavor, it shrinks up and then the vape has a hard time hitting. I would selectively trim and pull lower nugs and have a handful and then end up with a lil pile of vape poo. Oh and yea, i did get high, but it was short lasting. but like mentioned above i wouldnt do it all the time, and its such a waste in my opinion.[/quote]

Pretty much sums up my experience with it..

14. Why would you want to?

15. Cause i'm dry at the moment and its hard to justify spending money on ganj when i've got a fat little lady that will be ready in a little under a week.

...c'mon man, that shoulda been an obvious one!:rolleyes:

~ac3

16. Why would it cause pneumonia? Don't you breathe in a steamy shower or a humid day?

17. First you get a pretty bad cold. If you don't take care of it, it turns into bronchitis. If you don't take care of that, it turns into pneumonia. I don't think it's possible to get it by inhaling wet weed, but odder things have happened.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Cannabis smoke has lots of antibiotics. So that helps. You are less likely to get MRSA if you smoke