Can you vape hash?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by DaBudskies, Dec 1, 2011.

1. What up my GC brothers, I got a buddy who has a hash overload and was gonna smoke with him tomorrow. So I was gonna bring my iolite and was wondering can you vape hash?

2. Yes you can but not with an iolite need a very high temperature

3. Looks like hot knifes. If you could vape though it would be ideal. Due to hash high thc % it would be a wast burning it. Get way higher vaping it.

Hakko 456 FTW-hot knife-lighter-vape

4. I use my extreme q at 240 c and vapes hash good

5. I use my extreme q to vape hash and it's gooooood

6. Ya jackc I think your right about the temperature cuz when i first heated it Up i got a. Crazy cloudy hit but the next few hits didn't heat up as long as the first one so they werent that great

7. extreme q ftw

8. Can someone explain the argument hash needs to get hotter than weed when hash is a concentrated form of the shit that vapes off at those temps in a vape?

I vape hash ALL the time at the same temp i vape weed..... lol where did that theory come from?

What im saying is, the cannabinoids in the hash will vape off, they dont have altered evaporation temps just because its concentrated

9. i did with my whip style vaporizer. I would recommend only doing that if you can replace the screen.

10. small pieces, higher heat, mix it with a lil herb

11. [quote name='"Sirsog"']Can someone explain the argument hash needs to get hotter than weed when hash is a concentrated form of the shit that vapes off at those temps in a vape?

I vape hash ALL the time at the same temp i vape weed..... lol where did that theory come from?

What im saying is, the cannabinoids in the hash will vape off, they dont have altered evaporation temps just because its concentrated[/quote]

The force is strong in this one

12. Yes. You absolutely can! The vaping temperatures are slightly different, but it works like a charm. Hope you enjoy, bro!

- Serenity

13. Still no answer as to where that theory comes from... im not saying its wrong, but by logic a concentrate shouldnt require a higher temp. When you vape, you are vaping the oils in the concentrate.... so... someone break that down lol

Why does my hash/oil not need different temps.... do i live in a magical hash realm hahahahahaha Im just not seeing something here

14. #14 voorhee, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2011
    Fuck yeah you can I've vaped, honey oil hash in a volcano with some NYC diesel, and passed the fuck out after I started drooling and coughing my nut sack off.

15. [quote name='"Sirsog"']Still no answer as to where that theory comes from... im not saying its wrong, but by logic a concentrate shouldnt require a higher temp. When you vape, you are vaping the oils in the concentrate.... so... someone break that down lol

Why does my hash/oil not need different temps.... do i live in a magical hash realm hahahahahaha Im just not seeing something here[/quote]

You need to keep in mind the different methods of making hash. If it is just pressed kief, I would vape it at the same temp I vape buds. Other hash like bubble hash is not so soft though so I guess it needs a bit more heat to break down and become vapor.

16. .... you do know the solidity of it doesnt have anything to do with the evaporation temp of the cannabinoids

Ive takin a goopy ass batch of hash oil, heat processed it into shatter....

still requires the same temp to vape lol.....

When we make hash, we are not altering the physical properties of its phase changes..... the vape, is designed to vape the oils off the plant, hash is comprised of mostly those oils

Im just saying this might be something we can attribute to "its all in your head" lol

It just doesnt make sense to me hahahahaha its like saying, if you put more water here, you need it to be hotter to boil than less water here... they will both still boil at 212F (at sea level)

17. Pressed kief should in theory vape at the same temp as bud, though keep in mind it doesn't have the same volume as a vape bowl of bud will. It also looses surface area to vape. I chop mine up with a razor and put on a bowl of bud. I do turn it up a bit just so the pressed Kief turns black and kind of ashy so i know it vaped properly. No flame directly touching and a fully vaped hash = good day.

If it's a concentrate, it's gotta be higher since not all cannabinoids vape at the same temperature. IIRC, some go up to 390*, maybe even 410*. Can't always base concentrates on THC's 330* temp.

18. Has anyone had trouble with a concentrate melting through the screen in the cyclone bowl of the Extreme Q when vaporizing?

I'm worried more about waxes and oils that are already more viscous by nature, or will be with heat. Didn't have any problem with some mediocre hash that was on special. A dispensary near me just got some Gold Dust that they claim tests at 90%.

Sounds like there shouldn't be a problem especially if using it with some bud, amiright? I'd really like to try some o' that stuff. Looks taaaasty. Either that or I'll pick up a little kief to go with my Blueberry Haze ounce that's being delivered tomorrow morning! It's like Christmas Eve!

As far as the discussion regarding why temps need to be a bit higher for hash, I was thinking "why?" as well, but a higher temp definitely was needed when I was vaping the mediocre hash, even though it was broken up pretty well...

19. From my experience its best to just smoke it brah. Lay it on top of some ashes in your piece if you have one, or just do the canadian bottle toke.

20. That makes zero sense.

Yes they will vaporize at different temps but this has nothing to do with concentration.

I agree with Sirsog.