Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can you use vaped weed to make brownies?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by farmrbrwn, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Around six months ago I bought a Firefly 2. I have loved so much that its now my primary form of toking. When I bought my Firefly 2, a friend of mine told me I can save up the vaped weed and use it to make brownies. Having saved up .7 oz of vaped weed so far I was wondering if it would be enough to make a decent batch of brownies. As I understand it weed should be decarbed before being used to cook, and can be done so with a Firefly. Initially when I started toking I had been using the High heat setting and ended up burning a good chunk of the weed. In the past four months I have switched to using the medium high, and then two weeks later the medium setting, and have been toasting the weed to a significantly lighter degree. I've found a good recipe to make cannabutter and then brownies but the recipe calls for half an ounce of regular weed. Is 0.7 oz going to be weak or should I wait to save up some more before making brownies?

Attached Files:

2. 193.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Like Like x 5
  3. The herb is decarbed, and all you need do is grind it to powder, mix it with the recipe oil, and bake. There will be additional decarb during the baking process, so try to keep the baking time to a minimum. If you make strained, infused butter, you'll lose about half the thc to the straining process, but you will avoid all herb taste. You can use any amount of herb, and most people consider AVB to be about half as potent as regular herb.

Simpler still is to grind to powder, mix with nut butter or nutella, let sit awhile, and use. That's my favorite and most potent method.

4. Thank you very much! Is there any ratio of weed to nutella you prefer or just mix till the taste is masked?

5. I use 16 g nutella for each gram of regular bud, to make a total of 17 g, 1 g of which usually gets lost in the shuffle, so if I were using AVB, I'd use 15 g nutella for every 2 g AVB. For ease of use, I then spread 4 g servings onto crackers (in sandwich form) or something. Some people I give these to use 1/2 cracker, and I use 3, split into a couple doses. The nutella/herb ratio doesn't really matter, just keep track of how much herb it contains, and assume that every gram of AVB from 15% herb has about 75 mg thc (instead of 150 mg).

6. Cool!

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Coconut oil is your best bet. Nutella/PB is wayyy down the list as far as potent products are concerned unless you can't go with a butter/oil method.

AVB is definitely good to go...just save up a bunch of it. I find that it's not half potency, more like 1/3. Also keep in mind that THC is the first thing to get used up when vaping (due to it vaping at the lowest temps) so you will still have some but the CBD/THC ratio is MUCH higher. Great for sleepy cookies but if you want high THC cookies you are going to have an issue.

8. Peanut butter and nutella are both as good as any oil for making edibles. Theoretically, that should be true, because they are both full of oil, and all oils work about equally well for whole herb at reasonably concentrations. These highly viscous substances also hold the ground herb particles in suspension, where the oil can do its thing of softening up those particles for better digestion. Sometimes this is wrongly called "infusion," but no infusion is needed for edibles. Eating decarbed herb all by itself will get you super high. Experimentally, it is also true that PB/nutella are as good as any oil, at least for me and my friends, because we've tried both. Plus this is about the easiest edible to make.

9. BrassNwood, Nov 12, 2016
    The basic ratio is
    5 grams of hash-kief (dry ice method with a 160 micron screen)
    2.5 teaspoons of oil
    .5 teaspoon lecithin..
    Decarb material 240F for 40 minutes
    Blend decarbed material with oil and heat 220 F for 20 minutes..
    Makes 30 (0) capsules.. Average of 25 drops of hot hash oil per cap
    [​IMG]
    Some Dry Ice hash
    [​IMG]
    Decarb 240 F for 40 minutes
    [​IMG]
    A little avocado oil for flavor and it extends the high a bit longer I feel..
    Back in the toaster oven for 20 minutes at 220 F
    [​IMG]
    The Coffee mug heater keeps the hash-oil sludge hot enough to draw up the eye dropper
    [​IMG]
    Caution.. Start with a single drop of this stuff and add more at 2 hour intervals until your off..
    DO NOT LICK THE TOOLS OR THE DISHES !!!
    Dosing is problematic as no two people react the same.. A single drop can overwhelm my wife but I need 100x that much.. 4 full caps at a time 3 times a day for my personal relief..
    Spins and dry heaves are more then possible at this strength so do take some care until you find your personal happy zone..
    Happy Tripping.. It IS a psychoactive drug after all..
    ===============================================================================
    Same basic directions for all cannabis material.
    Make mud pies for the strongest hit. More oil just means a weak product.
    Oil is absolutely your best friend when it come to edibles. I don't get a fraction as high eating decarbed powdered weed. It's not got any power that way. Your wasting weed.
    Do try all methods as no two people react the same to the various way of preparing an edible.
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture
    An American Dream - White Picket Fences and Marijuana in the So Cal Sun

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  10. Yes, but THC bonds to fat. PB/Nutella have like 40% saturated fat vs 98% for coconut oil or 70/80% butter/clarified. MCTs are also a HUGE factor as far as longer breakdown times

It's all a matter of personal preference, but lower fat concentrations mean less of it is in your system for shorter time. Might hit harder at first but I've had solid 12hr highs from proper coconut oil edibles even at low doses. Butter capped out at 6hrs for me and PB.

Do agree it is the easiest method though and definitely works.

and DEFINITELY better for small amts of avb/bud, just because other methods are quite a bit more work.

11. It is a widely believed myth that thc must bond to something to make potent edibles. Since almost everyone says that, I believed it myself until I read Decarb Myths Debunked. I tried unsuccessfully to prove the claims made there to be false, but failed, and ended up agreeing with everything. Encapsulated ground decarbed herb, RSO, and FECO contain no "bonded to" fats, but they will all get you super high. Fats will affect digestion, and that might be the source of the myth.

Worse, this "bonding to" myth causes people to waste about half their herb when making strained oil or butter. The High Times "Ultimate Cannabutter Experiment" showed that some of the best cannabis chefs/recipes still only get less than 50% of the thc from the herb into the butter. Huge numbers of "sludge" recipes exist on the internet to make use of this potent strained out sludge.

Potent strained out sludge means that thc remains locked up inside ground herb particles after attempted infusion. That implies that oil is very bad at extracting thc from inside sludge particles. If the ground herb is allowed to soak in oil for a few weeks of time, then it can eventually break down the sludge, and dissolve the thc.

It requires a much more aggressive solvent, like 190 proof everclear, to quickly get at all that internal thc inside those sludge particles. That allows strained tinctures and FECO made using 190 everclear to contain almost all the original herb's thc.

Nutella and nut butter work very well, even better than oils for whole herb, because they keep those herb particles suspended inside the nut butter, where its oils can soften them up for better digestion. I make unstrained oils too, and the ground herb usually just settles to the bottom, where it doesn't interact as much with the oil. That means constant, frequent shaking.

12. Yup, just made some eddys this way. Grind up the AVB so it's powdery instead of wood chips-y, then find a no-bake recipe. Peanut butter + chocolate works really well to have something fatty and strong-tasting for the AVB to meld to... plus it's delicious.

13. Quite interesting...I'm mostly interested in the length of time of the breakdown. IME, coconut oil is definitely a MUCH longer breakdown time and prevents the need for redosing. Whereas butter is just harder hitting and doesn't last nearly as long. Care to clarify on lengths?

I've definitely eaten the leftover sludge and it definitely seemed like more than a placebo. I just put it on ritz with a little cheese and it's pretty solid.

14. You sure I can't lick the dishes/utensils? :(