Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can you use strained bud to make brownies??

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by RookieCooker, Feb 3, 2019.

1. I am so new at the edibles. I made myself a batch of oil today. It was super easy and the outcome is great. I was wondering since I used a high THC bud instead of shake, would it be worth baking brownies with the strained bud ?? According to the articles I have read infusions only extract about 60% of the THC. The cheesecloth and bud are still pretty oil drenched. I thought I might try using them in some Brownie batter. Would I be wasting my time, or do you think it might give a good Mid brownie?? I used 4g of good premium bud to 1 1/4 c. Of olive oil. I decarbed my ground bud first at about 275 in the oven first. It came out golden after about 45 min. Then I added a little grated lemon and the oil in a small glass cooking dish. I cover with foil and set the oven to 325 for about 30 min I checked and stirred. I saw a little bubbling so I reduced the heat to 250 for about another 1.5 hours. I let it sit a little while before straining but it was still warm. I licked my spatuala to see if it tasted grassy. It was actually rather mild. Needless to say the spatula lick knocked my boots off. I though since I'm a light weight I'd try it on my Sister in law who smokes daily. She took only about 1/2 a dropper and it knocked her boots off. So since the oil is potent do you think those oil soaked buds will still have some kick?? I only used premium bud because for whatever reason it was super harsh for me to smoke. I figured if I can't smoke it then I don't want to waste it. (That's how the oil idea came to my mind.) Since I paid high dollar for the stuff, that's the reason I am asking if the strained goods would be worth trying to reuse. Waste Not Want Not, if you know what I mean.

2. Just answering title. Strained weed is good to use for teas and coffees. Could do brownies to but I’m not a fan of bud straight into editables

3. I agree with above poster

4. One thing I wanna try when I buy that decarb cup thing is decarb some bud and use it like pepper on meals. Wouldn’t be a bad idea to do it with some nice stuff u have extracted from already

5. That sounds good too. I made the oil as medicine. Like I said this Is my very first time using bud for anything but smoking. I'm old school. My nephew had the brownie idea...I've never tried anything edible before. He was trying to get me to use the oil to make them. I told him the purpose for oil was medicine, but I'd see if you could use strained leftovers. Hence the reason for the question. Thanks for your answer.

6. I use trim, extract into coconut oil and make muffins and shit. Friends and fam love them. They don’t even know it’s not made from “marijuana” and from the leaves. Saving stems for everclear extract. I’ve put weed directly into brownies and every bite made me gag. Like I’d have to drink coke, bite, swallow with coke lol. I prob used to much. But every since then I extract into oil or butter to cook.

7. I actually did use the 4g of strained leftovers in a small batch of Brownies. I had put the cheese cloth in a jar so it was still very oil drenched. I greased the pan with the bottom of the cheese cloth then squeezed as much oil out into the cup since it calls for 1/3 c. Oil. Then topped of with regular non infused oil. I stirred the oil before adding to the batter. I mixed that really well then added the oil drenched bud a little at a time to spread it out good. I mixed the tar out of the batter then put it in the greased pan. I cooked them at a lower temp than called for. It took a little longer but it was worth the wait. I figured they might not do much since some say it wouldn't be worth using. Surprisingly they taste pretty good and give a nice mellow high effect. I think I may have helped drown the grassy taste because I decarbalized my bud with some grated lemon. I might try doing butter next time I try something new. I used premium high THC bud in the oil so I figure that's why the brownies still have effect even though lighter.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1