Can you use a LED light with a HID light?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MidasOG, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Hello all, I was wondering if giving my plants in a veg OR flower tent a mixed spectrum?

I have a 400w MH I am currently running in one of my tents and i was wondering if i upgrade my tent size, could i use a LED in the same tent?

2. It can be done but thats alot of heat bro. I would use the led for veg and and first 3 weeks of flower then switch to hps to finish off.
    How many watts led and brand

3. I run both. It actually works great.

4. I'm currently using a 1000 watt HP's and a 1008 watt golden ring led in a 8x8 grow with great results. I'm new on here and not sure how to download pictures or I would show you. If you tell me how , I will show you some buds that are over a zip !

5. one vote for mixing[​IMG]

6. If you are n a budget gt 2 @ 2 bulb vanity fixtures from HD/Lowes and 4 @ 5000K (cool white) Cree spot lights. Put one on each side of the hps to fill in the blues during flower. They will be fine for vegging by themselves too

7. Hey all, thanks for the feed back!

The reason why is I am going to be popping up a 5 x 5 x 8 foot tent and I was planning on putting x2: 400w HPS and I have a 300w Galaxy Hydro LED that is for flowering, but produces a lot of blue light as well. I was going to make that tent my flower tent. So I figured running an LED for flowering, in a HID tent might add a little extra "oomphh" to boost flower production.

I am going to maintain a 4 x 4 x 5 tent as my veg tent with a 400w MH (it does the job pretty well tbh!) all plants run healthy in there.

The reason I am sticking to 400w is heat issues. I dont have it in the electricity budget to run an air conditioner right now, so i have to stick to minimal heat output.

I think i might just mix spectrum and see how it turns out! the girls are about ready to switch to flower. Just giving the clones i picked up an extra week to grow more roots, and strengthen up for the flowering!

8. Good luck bro post those pics and results