can you tell what is wrong with this young plant ?!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by nedguy, Apr 15, 2012.

1. #1 nedguy, Apr 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2012
    I noticed these two yellow brown spot (I beleive necrosis as the area has flattened ) what is this ??!

now 24 hours later the spots have increased in size and there is a larger area around looking ready to follow, they have been in this rich soil for only a week and its such a tiny plant no way they could have consumed all the NPK.

could it be a ph problem ?, i used bottled water with a ph of 7.8 ! I wateredaround 1.5 (one point five) times during last week since i put them in this soil

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 200 viewers, none of which can help ? come on guys !

3. All of your new growth looks good. I have seen this on leaves that have had water splashed on them. Especially under intense light. Just watch the new leaves for further problems.

4. thanks, any second opinions ?

5. I'm gonna agree with the water on leaves theory .

6. water on leaf

7. Looks like mold. If it's spreading, better stop it pretty quick.

8. Water on leaf. Not mold

9. Have you adjusted the ph since? 7.8 is way too high. I would adjust that and see how she grows at that point.

10. thats not it guys, I live in a totally dry environment , humidity is under %20 (can you believe that)!!, mold has almost zero chance to develop nothing stays wet for more than a minute here,so it cant be an excess of moisture, here is an updated version of it.
    [​IMG]

11. What kind of soil are you using

And I agree with the statement above that 7.8 is way high, even for soil. I Reccomend trying to PH your next watering at 6.8 and get a good amount of runoff ad see if that helps. A plant that size needs little to almost nothing to eat so a hot soil could also burn/cause lockout, especially if the PH is too high.

Best of luck!

12. It's funny, everyone on here (myself included) are trying to figure out what the spots are on your leaves... Leaves that will eventually get trimmed, if they even make it that far.

Bottom line, your new growth looks healthy, the old stuff has to be drops cause there is no consistency to the blemish (it's not all around, it's not interveinous, and it's not consistent with any major deficiencies)
    And even if it's not drops, whatever it is doesn't seem to be spreading. Get your PH where it needs to be and I'd bet $1m that your problem isn't reoccurring

13. thanks again for your input arctic.

well I hope so man, I'd rather be wrong and lose the bet , but the plant is doing much worse(hasn't grown at all) although it was the fastest steed and the thing is indeed spreading (didn't see the pics?) the opposite leave is starting to look the same, and overall plant's getting yellower, I understand that bottom leaves do get lost along the way but thats a slow baby plant, it kinda feel way to early to be loosing anything, and for some reason it looks better in the pix than it does in real life (wish i did lol)

14. Hmmm sounds like it might be a more serious problem then I'm making it.

Well my only other advice (and I do this all the time cause I have similar issues youre having now) is buy a gallon water jug from a store (I go to Walmart) and mix in hygrozyme or a similar enzyme and use only those two for now.

The enzymes help break down nutrients for the plant, if there is a nutrient lockout or another issue this should take care of it.

If it continues I'm not sure what it could be. But I think this combo will help.

Good luck, post some updates, I'm curious to see what happens

15. its probably infected. just cut that infected part off and move on

16. issue of the week , for 5 days now i've been noticing this girl's new growth developing these hook-like tips, no clue what it could be .

Attached Files:

17. Get a pH test kit (I've had better luck with kits rather than probes--I have one for soil and one for liquid) and test your soil pH and the pH of whatever you are using to water/feed your plant. If it is in a very rich soil as you mentioned, you may be getting lots of the organic matter breaking down and causing the pH to change. You want it between 5.8 and 6.5 ideally, though a little higher or lower won't make too much of a difference. You want to avoid it dropping below 5 or above 7. At a pH that's too high or low nutrients become unavailable and you plant starts to kill off whatever parts of itself that it can't feed. I had two plants die last round I did because I didn't think to check the pH, so even if it's totally fine, you can at least rule out nutrient availability problems.

18. thanks lp