can you tell the sex

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by johnjohn, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Hey guys, so I have been reading about telling the sex of the plant before flowering and i know you can never tell for sure but I took some close up pictures and would like to know your feedback. I have been veging for like 5-6 weeks now.

what do you think, male or female?

Attached Files:

2. #3 AshTRE, Aug 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2009
    Congratz, its a girl!

Can't tell? I guarantee you in a week or more this GIRL will mature even more.

3. You can't tell right now, but trust me I become an expert on the matter by default in my first attempt just one out 5 turned out to be female so in my second grow it was more easy to spot the male right away after you force the flowering with the 12/12 for at least 7 days after that post a pic and I will tell you.

Happy Growing

4. i dont see any female pistils, or any balls, i agree with above poster its not showing sex

5. so i guess those little sticks ain't pistils, huh?

guess, i'll have to wait after all, just sucks when you are only growing one plant.

6. Next time try to grow at least 10 if you are using a bag seed or regular mix seeds, my advice for you my friend keep ur plant veg. and start cloning at least 4 just in case, worst come to worst if the plant turn to be male you just lost a little time, but if she is a SHE you will have 4 clones of a female and you can take one of those clones as your mother plant, make sense ? Hope this can help you man.

7. sadly, those are not showing sex.

That is just secondary growth coming in. They look really really healthy though so congrats big time on that. :)

8. How could anyone say these are male or female yet???

9. because they dont no what they are talking about and didnt read the stickies.

10. to young to show sex...;)

give them a few weeks to mature..