Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can you tell the difference between indica and sativa?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Ottawa Kush, Dec 12, 2010.

1. I always get no name dank and i really want to know what im getting is indica or sativa( or hybrid ! D:) Can you really tell the difference that much , or would you only really only know if you grow your own or get medical? Most names i get are bullshit too.

2. #2 URATowel, Dec 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2010
    Difference between indica and sativa

the difference to me is night and day.
    when i wake n bake i have to smoke sativa dominant strains because i won't comedown. at night i can do whichever :D

3. There's a huge difference.
    Sativa = I-want-to-jump-off-the-walls-I'm-so-hyper
    Indica = Get-me-some-food-cause-I'm-too-lazy-to-get-off-my-ass

4. I think OP may be asking how to visibly identify the bud as either Sativa or Indica dominant. Of course you can tell when you smoke it, but I was also wondering how you can tell which of the two it is before smoking.

5. #5 IndyAir, Dec 12, 2010
    Sativa generally have longer leaves and the crystals are usually more in the core. Indicas are fatter leaves and have crystals usually more located on the outside.

That's just my experience :smoking:

***Edit: Also Indicas are usually darker than Sativas.***

6. Smoke it.

7. Scrap my answer. This is better

8. Some of us actually care whether it's indica/sativa...I can tell just by where I feel the high and how I feel.

If it's real heady, Sativa.
    If it's heavy body, Indica.

9. #9 Ottawa Kush, Dec 12, 2010
    ok thx for the answers guys, i asksed this question because i never had bud that i knew for sure was indica or sativa so i was never able to really tell them apart. Usually when i smoke i get energetic for a bit , then i just feel like sitting down watching some tv and munching out so im probably getting hybrids?.

id only know for sure if i were to smoke a 100% indica and a 100% sativa D:

right now im on a week t break and it ends on the start of
    christmas break D: got some dank waiting for that

10. Well genetics play a part as well. Kush is an indica strain, whereas haze is sativa.

11. true but most names here are bs unless you get medical or a trusted connect

12. i see most people saying sativa make you hyper but everything i had ever smoked was straight head rushing. But not once have i ever became hyper.

maybe just me idk, anyhow not get hyper from sativa?

13. Also true.