Can you tell if a cell phone is tapped?

Discussion in 'General' started by zake, Apr 6, 2007.

1. I was curious anyone knows of good ways to tell if a cell phone is tapped? My friend has a cell phone that is only a couple of months old. The battery has out of nowhere begun to die fast as hell and he has been talking on it less normal. I know cell phone batteries suck ass anyway, but it makes one curious.

I have heard rumors that this is a good sign. I find someone on here usually has some real experience with this type of shit. What does everyone know? I think I'll blaze one for the piggies now.

Peace

2. Probably. The government can tap your phone and listen in to your convos through the mic even if its off.The only way to prevent it is to take out the battery. Its unlikely that its tapped unless hes some crime lord

3. trippin balls...paranoid ass people...battery could be dying fast for numerous reasons...depends how you use the phone...if you have bluetooth and enable it, then the battery drains faster. If you use any applications on your phone the battery will drain faster. Your friend might have not properly charged the battery when he first got the phone that can also fuck up the battery...and im pretty sure tapping a cell phone wont drain the battery any faster because it gets tapped at the service provider not physically in the cell phone it self.

4. well their are many ways the government can tap your phone if they decide to tap it at the sp then your fucked nothing you can do about that but another way they tap it is by placing a program on your phone that periodically sends them a message telling them where you are at the time and this drains your battery quickly. im not just talking outta my ass either i actually read this in lke discover magazine or some shiot. the trick is to use code words to be incosnpciuos, such as ask your buddy/dealer if he went fishing today if he says yes i caught some fish then that means hes got buds if he says no then he doesnt.

5. man if you didnt murder someone and your not a terrorist then dont worry about getting ur phone tapped.

6. while i cant reveal a lot about the situation, my best friend has his phone tapped. he complained of the battery life of his phone being deminished and the time it takes to connect is also slower. When his lawyer would call him on his cell phone he would have to say "(lawyers name) calling (friends name): client, for legal counseling" or something of that sort so that the fbi could not use any of what was being discussed, since they knew his phone was tapped. he now uses a trac phone to talk to his lawyer and i personally use one too when dealing with illegal activities.

7. Thats gps most new cell phones have it built in when you buy it. Its suppose to be a way to find someone if they go missing or something but idk if the police or government are allowed the access that to catch someone.

8. yeah, seriously, your phone is most likely NOT tapped

9. Thanks to everyone with good info. I am not a paranoid bastard. The only reason I asked was I had heard through the grapevine that it will diminish the battery and he has the symptoms along with clicking and shit. Just trying to be safe. I like my asshole the way it is. Besides I know I don't have anything to be paranoid about. I sure as hell wouldn't be posting here if I did. Thanks again everyone. Have a good night.

10. I heard you can find out if you number is tapped if you get a wire scrammbler or something. im not really sure how it works but i think that is what it was for. or maybe tapped lines cant get through it or something idk. they tap people for drugs all the time. i know of at least 3 people that have got theres tapped for that sort of stuff but it was for hard stuff not weed. trac phones are always safe but i wouldnt worry about it unless whoever is dealing cause they wouldnt go through with it on a posesson charge i dont thinik but idk.

11. have him get a new SIM, if it keeps happening then its battery failure

edit:
    to expand on this, any tapping or tracking is done thru the SIM. thats also where the phone number and phone book, etc is stored. a new one will not have the tap or tracking on it. tracking will "ping" your phone, which will decrease life, because the phone has to respond. if your battery still fades fast after this then you will need a new batter. soemtimes they just die, it could be shorted or just faulty.