Can you Study while you are high?

Discussion in 'General' started by WickedSaxy, Dec 8, 2014.

1. #1 WickedSaxy, Dec 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2014
    Hey, I just recently set the bong down... realizing that I've got less than 12 hours until my first College Final Exam. Is this going to be a problem? Will it cause me to forget all the things that I study? 

I am studying for a Communications Class and it is all Vocabulary... I don't want to study and then forget all of it right before the test. 

I don't know about you but right before I take a big test or exam I get a thought block.. It basically keeps me from grasping the information I need in order to pass the exam/test. 

Have any of you experience some of these problems or wondered the same things that I am wondering? 

Let me know in the replys!                                                       marijuana-leaf-5.jpg  

2. It depends on what kind of person who are/how your brain works.. But if this is very important to you, I recommend you hold off on smoking before, during, or after you study.

3. No I study high all the time and I do really well on things. I also try to take the test high if I studied high. Idk I feel like it gives me the "if you chew gum while studying chew the same flavor while taking the test" kinda thing. Maybe it's a placebo but I think do ok

4. #4 Informant, Dec 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2014
    I studied Calculus almost exclusively high. 

I got a high B.  Considering I didn't know how to add fractions until I was 26, doing calculus a couple years later and doing well was pretty good.

Weed can have different effects on different brain chemistry, and different strains as well.  I do well studying with a 50/50 indica/sativa - helps me concentrate and put up with the frustration of learning. 

However, you won't necessarily forget the information you learned but you still need to study.  If you haven't studied along the way and you have 12 hours of cramming time before your final, then it doesn't really matter if you're high or not you're probably not going to do as well as you could have.

Communications class is so dumb.  I couldn't stand that class.

If I were you, I'd take a small puff about 30 minutes before your test.  Let yourself unwind a bit without being over powered and it should help.

5. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYgN-m8Q5yE

sometimes i even drink a beer or 6 while im studying.  thats not a good idea though

6. Regardless wouldn't it be better to study anyways? Better to study and have the knowledge be placed somewhere in your brain then wait until ur buzz is gone and have lost that time to study anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. its all about concentration and motivation

8. As long as you just get a buzz and not full on blitzed, I dont see why not.

9. I figure I can't study sober so I might as well be high. :cool:

10. It depends. Gimme some physics/calc/science stoned all day! I will own that shit.

Composition or English is another matter, my studying/homework for those subjects usually goes a whole lot smoother with some white wine and stoner metal.

Yes, I have a system.

Either way, good luck blade

11. A little bit I prefer soberish though I retain more

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. Yeah. I'm sure many of us have got lifted and studied growing. I have, and I can remember the information.

I would hate to study burned out though.
    10 minute naps can do wonders sometimes.