Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can you straight up eat wax after decarbing?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by aperson1234567890, Feb 25, 2018.

1. I'm not new to weed but I am new to concentrates.

I decided to buy a small amount of wax to see what the hype was about.

Now I'm wondering if I can just eat the wax right decarbing it in the oven or something...

Thanks! :D

Sent from my SM-G920F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. No you can't just eat the wax, i make butter most of the time and that's when you mix the wax concentrate in butter and cook it with water ( i can tell u how to do that full process if you'd like) but no you cant eat after you decarb as the wax and edible butter is different

Sent from my SM-N910P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Oh that would be awesome! Thanks! And how's the smell when decarbing concentrates?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. aperson, I'm not as sure as Stonercouple. I think you can eat your wax straight up after decarb. I don't think I would, though I do something similar when I make a tincture. I think you could dose better if you mixed your known amount of wax with a known amount of butter, alcohol, coconut oil, peanut butter- anything you can measure precisely. It will be very easy to overdo things eating concentrate straight. Making oil or butter simply involves decarb and mix then it's ready.
    Oh, yeah, the smell is heavenly and there is no doubt about what you're cooking. Have fun!
    One more thing- decarb @ 240F until the wax stops bubbling. You can do stovetop in an oil bath, or I use a Pyrex measuring cup in the oven. It usually takes 40 - 60 minutes.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Sure, eating decarbed wax is effective, why wouldn't it be? Like Joker says mixing it with oil makes it easier to accurately dose and mixing it with ETOH makes a tincture which comes on quicker than oil but also metabolizes sooner.

• Like Like x 1