Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can you snort keif???????

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by azmedpatient, Jan 19, 2018.

1. guys. settle this.

2. Of course not.

Well actually one can snort anything, but it won't do anything for you.

:smoke:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. NGCMBL.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. idk what that means....

5. thats what i thought, but do you have evidence??? because i do not

6. Weed has to be decarbed before it has any real potency effects.
    Kief would just plug your nose up and it would be a tremendous waste.

Just put a bit on top of a packed bowl or rolled with weed into a J.

:smoke:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Keif contains the carboxylated form of THC, which, from my understanding, is not psychoactive. To convert it to the psychoactive form it has to be heated/decarboxylated or processed by the liver to create 11-hydroxy thc. People snort to get the compound(s) directly into the bloodstream, but since keif is not decarboxylated and snorting would (i believe) bypass the liver, it would be ineffective.

I am not sure if you can decarboxylate keif, if so it may work, I am not sure.

8. I don't see why not.
    Decarb first (240 F for 40 min) or it won't work.
    Tinctures get absorbed in the mouth, and the nose should also work well.
    I know someone who puts ground decarbed herb powder under the tongue with good results.

I've never tried snorting, but sometimes feel a little something when breathing decarbed herb dust from magic bullet grinding.
    But it might irritate the nose.

9. "heres the thing: ive heard that eating 2-3 OUNCES of pure bud will result in a high comparable to that of a legit edible, so clearly /some/ THC is "usable" in flower, so it seems like you might be able to feel /something/" -my friend who is ignorant and thinks one could snort keif -_-

10. the minute particles of leaf matter would decompose and potentially cause a bad case of bronchitis

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yea I believe as bud dries some THC becomes decarbed, so with that amount you might get enough trace decarbed thc to catch a high.

12. What’s wrong with smoking it?

Hahahaha who the hell would sit there and eat 3 ounces of weed to get the effect of 1 edible:lmafoe: not just a waste of money. That sounds like a horrible time and it would take so long to eat all that:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. THATS WHAT I SAID!!!!! and as for the whole "leaf-particles-that-cause-bronchitis" thing, that seems pretty intuitive, but i guess not to some people...

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Decarbed keif I would think you might, from the fine blood vessels in your noise or when it falls down the back of your throat and you digest it.

You might could receive the same effect rubbing it on your gums though or grabbing a chaw of keif like its wintergreen lol, your gums are loaded with fine vessels.

Next we're going to discuss dropping drops of warm concentrate oil in your eyes lol.

• Funny Funny x 1