Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can you smoke stems ?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Deleted member 133486, Dec 12, 2008.

1. lmao!:hello:

2. Smoking stems...bad idea

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Its kind of those thc crystals on the outside, they are fragile and break off lot. Like if your packing a bowl youll notice your fingers will have some of the powery type crystals on them, thats kind of what kief is.

4. just smoked a bowl of stems with a buddy and im feelin a little buzzed. kinda like a cig buz feeling

5. Just use your stems like you would a suppository. The high you will achieve is similar to that of being next to this guy [​IMG]

6. I eat my stems, they taste good.

7. brew um. i collected about a handfulls worth of stems chucked um in the kettle with just a cups worth of water and made a cup of tea. not baked but a nice high when you run out of bud - better than nout!

8. I tried it back when I was smoking with foil bowls :eek:
    I got a dizzy headache and wanted to throw up. It pokes holes in your blunts, gives harsh hits - just difficult and unneccesscary to include in on a session.

9. They give me really bad headaches so i normally chuck them.
    -nugbuzzed:smoke:

10. What I recommend, and this is what I personally do...

When I get a pickup, I usually get huge 5 gram nugs so I break them up smaller and remove all the huge stems out of the mix. Then I will take some of the bud I am going to use for smoking and the rest for storage. I put the storage bud in a mason jar and stash it. Then I take the bud I am going to smoke and de-stem and de-seed the bud. Then I grind it up and put it in a pill bottle. After I run out of weed I repeat and repeat until I am out. Once I have gone through my stash I can usually find bud on the floor so I take that bud and all the stems I collected and I make some ISO hash with 90% rubbing achohal and then I smoke that a few days later. While that is drying I will scrape all the resin from my bongs and bowls I used and combine the resin with the stem hash and get ripped as fuck.

11. unless you brewed the stems in milk prior, then the high was all mental, THC is not water soluble, so in other words, your just wasting stems you could have made real stem tea with.

To the OP, if times are rough and you have no other choice, they will get you high, but they will be vary harsh, taste like ass, and more then likely give you a head ache. Imagine the headache you get from smoking resin, but worse.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. My friend likes to smoke her stems but I say it's a no no, because like almost everyone else said, they're harsh and most likely won't get you any higher than you already are.

I myself just eat them. They have the consistency of, well, a stick, and taste like nature. Not bad at all. I just feel bad throwing all those trichomes away...

13. Vaporize them. I was just enlightens to a this way of using stems. I recommend this method highly. It works freakin awesome! Absolutely no headaches, or crappy taste. I have smoked stems in the past a few times and regretted doing so shortly after wards when the migraine kicked in! It is almost a slightly different high than bud itself. They also make good hash too though if you don't have a vaporizer at your disposal.

14. You could smoke them.
    I wouldn't do it though.

15. how do you make hash????:confused_2:

16. @ HydroPlease watch "The Union" on netflix or wherever u can see it, its a crazy documentary about all the shit the government said about bud.

17. I use scissors to slice them up real fine and then put them in with my weed when I grind it up...they never rip my joint papers...But then again we have to ask what sized stems we are talking about. The stems in my stuff are usually really really thin...like pencil lead thin or so. I've only had one stem bigger and that was from an eighth of insanely dense dank that I got and I think he gave me like 3.5g plus the stem cause that shit lasted forever...But I wouldn't smoke them alone...just mix them in with your weed to make it last longer

18. Heres what you do with your stems.

1. Get a pill bottle
    2. Get panty house.
    3. Put stems in pill bottle
    4. stretch a piece of pantyhose over the hole of pill bottle.
    5. get something to catch the keif.
    6. shake the bottle for as long you can.
    7. Enjoy some super sticky keif from the stems.

I used a little silver sauce thing I got from a resteraunt to catch the keif.

19. I just smoked a really long stem and the resin from my pipe and i'm stoneeeeeeeeeed!:D

20. Save the stems until you have about a half oz and make qwiso.