Can you save a flowering branch that's been cut off?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Desert Rose, Mar 14, 2012.

1. My roommate's dog found its way into my tent and cut off the main branch of my Blueberry (about 3 weeks flowering). :(

[​IMG]

Is there a way to save it? Like using the cloning method?

Right now it's sitting in a glass of water with the stem cut in a 45 degree angle while I look for answers.

2. I don't think so. Your best bet would be to just harvest that branch as a sample of the rest of the plant.

3. I woud leave it in that glass and put it back under the light with 12/12 then dry and smoke it

4. Thanks for the tip, greenbowlpacker.

It's been sitting in a glass of water under 12/12 for 2 days. Will the buds mature in just water? Or does the branch need roots first? Also, shouldn't I use nutrients?

If anyone has any input please let me know.

5. Also, anyone know how big those buds could have been?

6. Really no way of telling. The buds look extremely healthy for 3 weeks of flower though.

Can you put up a pic of how it looks after sitting in water for a couple days? I'm interested, thanks!

7. I miscalculated, it's her 4th week flowering and going into 5th, not 3rd week. And the buds only look big in the picture because of the angle. I dried them and they made only 1.5 joint worth (with the small fan leaves on!). They shrunk massively when they dried.

Sorry, I don't have a picture. I dried them and smoked them before I saw your post. But to describe it: The branch looked the same for 2 days and on day 3 the leaves started to yellow. When I saw that I knew it wouldn't make it so I dried the buds and vaporised them.

8. Probably yellowed from lack of nutes but ya smoke it early for a head high probably wouldnt make it to 8 weeks

9. Sucks you couldn't finish that branch.

How did the rest of the plant react to this entire situation?