Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

can you reuse screen?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by thehighlife420, Nov 6, 2009.

1. if i buy a 10 pack of steel screens, can i reuse them?

or is a one time thing?

2. Reuse them till they get too clogged. I went thru a 10 pack pretty fast but I used a new one almost every time, you dont have to. if you really wanna make it last, take a needle and poke it to keep it unclogged.

3. get a pair of pliers, clamp the screen in it, and burn the screen with a lighter to get all the gunk off of it, wipe the screen off a few times and itll look brand new..

4. This ^

Screen's are fairly durable. You'll know by the feel of the metal when you need a new one. I only ever needed a new one when I would accidentally throw mine away or something.

5. i had a metal pipe with a screen before i went to glass and what i did was take my knife and scrape it gently till it shined again:smoking:

6. Well, it's pretty obvious when you need a new screen. First sign of needing a new screen is that its starting to look way too blackened and might even be chipping or melting off. This is a real bad sign, because if you notice that parts of the metal have been melted away, that means you've inhaled some of the metal. Think about that for a second... gross, right?

Eh, it's not too bad. Just make sure you switch it when that starts to happen. Otherwise, it'll probably take about 30-40 hits from whatever you're using before it's beat.

7. I had to learn how to clean screens well to go with my vaporizer because they it takes a specialized screen, and can still get pretty gummed up.

Nobody's mentioned this yet, but I use 99% isopropyl alchohol to clean my metal. I sometime burn off excess stuf if it's really bad, then soak it in iso for about 15 min and wipe it down.

8. Use them till they dont work anymore lol..