Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can you relate?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Gatson, Mar 19, 2008.

1. So I've stumbled upon a conundrum that I feel some of the members here at the City could relate to. One of my favorite things about smoking marijuana is meeting fellow stoners. There's an endless supply of them, and you can smoke with someone new every week if you wanted to. Usually when I meet someone I'll give them the usual "Oh, well I smoke probably more than anyone you've ever met so I don't know if you'd be able to keep up" spiel and wait for a response. Nine times ouf of ten, they'll come right back with their own version of how they are the biggest stoner they know. Usually at this point, I'm happy because I feel like this person will be able to keep up. Then the moment of truth comes, and they don't so much as approach the expectations they set for themselves. And this is why I really feel like many people on GC can relate to this, because the majority of the posters here actually have an understanding of Mary. When people start to tell me how much of a stoner they are, all I'm thinking is "Man, MJ is so much more than bud. MJ is part of my life." Now granted, I am very, very high because I just knife hit some hash....so I hope this is relatively easy to follow. But I guess what I'm asking here is, can y'all relate or am I alone on this thought?

2. ya dude... kinda.. uhh when i smoke with people, most of them can keep up with me, im not sayin im the greatest but i can handle a good amount. but i never really hung out with people that werent good accept like 1 or 2 people. also this 1 time my buddys cousin always talked about how he was a huge stoner,then 1 weekend he came over and we got some so we used my friends pipe, goes to him, first hit, he takes a hit for like 2 seconds then blows it out right away... what a waste of weed :( anyways i think thats all..

3. My tolerance isn't up there with some of the folk here on the board, I've cut down a hell of a lot, but I'd definately still call myself a big stoner. I've been round the block, I know my shit, and I'll still handle a smoke out better than most.

I don't think I've ever met anyone thats rated themself a hardcore smoker when in actual fact they were a lightweight. Most stoners are chill and bragging about pointless stuff like that doesn't usually happen.

To be honest i'd rather be a lightweight! Means I'd have to smoke less to get high, thus saving me money!

4. some people just love to one up... I don't usually talk about how much I can or do smoke unless prompted, and i find the best stoners usually don't either. :smoking:

5. Yea I dont really talk about how much I smoke because I think its a "whose got the bigger dick" contest. To be honest, I dont go out and meet "stoners" or try to influence anyone on the life style. Maybe its paranoia maybe not, but being open about the illegal activities I partake in doesnt seem like a smart choice. For the most part, people who smoke pot, smoke it on occaision, or when one of their friends have it. I had a lot of friends that were like this, and never had anything of their own to offer up or share. When it became repetition, myself always having pot, and them never having any, I just stopped hangin out with them. After re-reading this, damn I sound like a dick, but Im not trying to be. Just seems like I only received calls when these people wanted to smoke.

6. Ha, do what you gotta do. And here in Austin, marijuana is all but legal, and widely accepted. We chief blunts on our porch, in my truck on my way to work and at work with my manager. I'm not worried about the legal part as much as you are. I just find people I feel like I'd get along with and ask if they smoke. Usually, they do.

7. I am able to keep up smoking wise with anyone I know, and take bigger hits than most people I know. I don't meet someone and say that though, cause I could care less. I still get high as fuck and could care less if someone is a lightweight.
    I do however feel that I am a very knowledgable toker. While some of my buddies and acquaintances are knowledgable about certain aspects, it almost always turns out that I know much more. Once again, I don't break, I just find it nice that I can always relate to the topic. Due in large part to being a member of grasscity, I have learned A TON on this forum, and I am grateful.

8. ha im in dallas but i might go to austin on 420
    LETS SMOKE! ha:smoking:

9. austin stoners UNITE!

Also somewhat relevant: I wonder why it's not called Marley Fest any more?

10. I'll be there the whole time ha. And it's name changed to Austin Reggae Fest because the Marleys sued Marley Fest for the use of his name. In case any of you didn't know...it's LEGAL to chief at outdoor music festivals in Austin. Anyone else in the states, please be jealous ha. And ya...I think I misrepresented myself in that first post. I was trying to iterate that it's the whole MJ experience and knowlege that other people just don't understand. Agreed...I have most of that knowlege because of the wonder that is Grass City.

11. I can totally relate man, marijuana is just my "thing", I mean I do lots of other stuff in my life but marijuana is my passion, just like an artist has to paint and a musician has to make music, I have to do something with marijuana every day; grow it, read about it, smoke it, I was just made to live a life with marijuana in it.

I never met anyone who could out-smoke me, not that it's a big thing for me, I just smoke to enjoy myself. One guy tried to find my limit so he agreed to keep rolling joints for me as long as I kept smoking them, I smoked all night long until it was day again and he'd run outta weed and I still hadn't found my limit. haha.. :D

12. can i relate?

it is a spoken rule between myself and my best stoner friends that "dude, i'm too high" or "dude, i don't think i can smoke anymore" shall ne'er be uttered across the bong.

when you join the circle, you have joined the fucking circle

and well, me and maryjane could go all night. whenever. wherever.

13. Ha, agreed. It's hard to find people who can keep up, though...outside of the circle. Not many people have ever been able to join because they don't understand Mary outside of smoking. And your sig is badass, btw. Love the quote.

14. well i started my first year of college and my town is boring as hell, so a lot of ppl are starting to try weed so there's a lot of rookies around me. to tell u da truth, i try to smoke by myself cuz i just can't stand smoking wit a rookie or even someone who hasn't been toking for a couple years on a regular basis. smoking doesn't seem all that special to me anymore, but more of a daily activity that is now and will forever be part of my life. btw i'm at 6 years going on 7 and im only 19 years old, i feel like such a pimp, mary jane's pimp, wuhahaha

15. Im always tryin to smoke my homie out but he just cant keep up. After a bowl or two he says "Im getting that sick feeling again..." and he ends up sick as hell for an hour.

16. Double post my bad

17. haha damn that sucks
    my brother is like that. he says he gets sick.

I like to smoke with anyone, but there is something about smoking with a knowledgeable group of people that can toke till the QP is gone.

18. I'm not too sure I'm following you. All I know is that I've met A TON of incredible people since I've started smoking who I wouldn't have met otherwise. To me there's nothing better than meetin some cool new tokers and firin' it up (as long as they're chill) :smoke:

19. who brags about this kind of shit?

20. Yeah I got that attitude for sure, although I can't really keep that up considering I've been cutting back massively throughout the past months and now I'm on a self imposed T-Break until I can afford a vaporizer so I can save my lungs.