can you regrow a plant thats been harvested? +REP

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by outdoorinvestor, Jun 27, 2010.

1. so after yourt done harvesting your plant is there a way to get it to grow back again?

2. not to my knowledge cause cannabis is an annual plant, not a perennial plant

3. Aaah, makes sense.

4. Yep. It's pretty easy to do. This is a bag seed plant that I liked enough to reveg.

[​IMG]

5. Switch back to 24/0 and wait a long time. It'll start grown a bunch of new branches and shit.

6. I don't want to sound stupid but why would there be a need for a mother plant? It will just keep re-vegging and flowering over and over and over? Will it be the same potency when re-harvested?

7. Yes, you could reveg at least several times. The branching gets crazy, so it may be best to take clones after a few times.

It doesn't take too long to reveg. Give it 10-14 days to start growing. After that, the growth is very fast and on par with regular plants. The plant above was flipped back to veg and grown under 18/6 light for only four weeks. Most of the growth happened in the last two weeks.

8. Revegging only works once or twice (with a few exceptions) because as the plant grows older and woodier it is more succeptable to disease, and you lose vigor of the new growth over time. With a fresh clone there is a vigorous growth that you don't always get from a revegitated plant.

I like to revegitate plants just before I put them outdoors. They already have an established root system and usually grow gigantic with huge buds. Indoors is not always the case, but peeps like zypro have kicked ass with revegging plants indoors.

Here is his thread:

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/528855-re-vegging-2nd-grow-3rd-grow.html