Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can you really "smoke yourself stupid"

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by keystone08, Aug 25, 2007.

1. "I'll pretend I'm Jamaican man!" "You have smoked yourself retarded."

2. #62 koggit, Dec 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2009
    Don't make such sweeping generalizations. I can say from first-hand experience, with near absolute certainty, pot has a devastatingly negative impact on my work ethic. As a result, I do much worse in school if I allow myself to smoke.

I am a pretty high-achieving student. I'm a junior in one of the top 10 computer science programs in the nation. I had been in the top 3% (magna cum laude range) of my class for a while, and I've had a couple quarters where I was in the top 0.5% (summa cum laude range). I've done a lot of experimenting with pot and school, in an attempt to determine the feasibility of being a lifelong daily smoker like some people are able to manage. I've found that even up to a week after smoking I can still feel a difference in general motivation. After smoking I have less ambition -- I feel like I'd be satisfied with any job, living any life. I have no drive. But after a few weeks of not smoking, I feel my ambition come back and it gives me the motivation to work harder and I end up doing much better in school.

Though I'm not going to make generalizations based on my personal experiences, I definitely have trouble endorsing the "smoke after homework" recommendation many here have given. Perhaps that works for some people, but not me, so I can't recommend it.

My advice, based solely on my own experience, is not to smoke during any period in your life when you'd like to be productive. For example, I smoked a bunch this past summer, then when fall quarter started I gave it up until after midterms (because there was a ~2 week period without homework or tests following midterms), then quit again until now (2.5 week Christmas break). Even with my limited smoking I didn't have as much motivation as I've had in quarters where I didn't smoke at all -- I got a 3.52 average, last spring when I didn't smoke at all I got 3.89.

3. PERSONLY: I think you may be able to if you smoked all day everyday, but if you smoke bud 24/7 your already stupid. I know people who smoke a lot of weed and they're really stupid, and I'm sure the weed doesn't do much to help but some people are just dumbasses.

4. Because you're in a different mindset.

Obviously when you have a heavy indica and you need some great amount of work to be done, you're probably not going to want to do that. But, if you had that same indica, but with a different and more ambitious mindset, then you'd complete far greater things than you would have with a different mindset. It's not the pot that affects you, it's your mind.

5. His mindset while sober is "Let's do some work" while his mindset while stoned is "Maybe later"

I love the good herb as much as anyone, but in order to get any respect as pot-smokers, we must all be honest with ourselves and each other. Nothing is perfect, not even Mary Jane (though she's pretty damn close)...

6. as long as you get your work done and concentrate in class, then it doesn't matter how much you blaze, i've been smoking every day for the last 4 or 5 years and all my friends think i'm more clever...dunno how that works

7. Get high, study high, get high grades. Always worked for me at least.

8. an 18 year old junior? ?

9. yes it is in fact your mindset but do u know why they call it a mind altering substance?? oh.... hmmm.... maybe because it alters your mind.... theres no way to control a drug by thinking differently. and if u think u can chances are ur not doing enough of the drug to get the full effect. pot has been proven in some studies to hinder motivation and concentration and especcially short term memory. unless those studies are wrong there is no avoiding those concequences. just accept it.

10. haha I was thinking of this quote when I saw this post so I was hoping that this thread was going to relate to half baked.

11. When I started smoking I wouldn't smoke during the week or even more than a day in a row. Looking back at those times I laugh because NOW I'm down to smoke anytime and almost anywhere. I maintain a 3.0 in a competitive School of Music so I think that it is possible for someone to smoke a lot and still be a "productive successful member of society" to quote WASP's everywhere.

12. It doesn't alter my mind in any way. The only alteration may be is that it enlightens my and broadens my perspective of how I see things. That has nothing to do with a mindset.

If you set your mind like: "Okay, I will definitely get some work done. I will be under the influence of the herb, but it will only make my duty more tolerable" and continue with that thought and progression, then you're bound to get some work done. I know I'd rather do the laundry under the influence of good ol' mary, then when sober, be it with a heavy indica or sativa.

13. I dont know about you but from 6th grade to the 12th grade I smoked every single day. Literally maybe like 2 days a month without it.

Before someone trys to call bullshit on me, I had immediate family that smoked me up all the time and got me into it. I got great grades all of the time. A's on tests, got little homework done at home but I would do it at school in class. I do this because im a veteran. I dont know about you but I can actually think and work perfectly while high as fuck. I could talk to the fuzz on like 4 blunts of heads and be straight. In fact a cop might think something was wrong with me if i was sober :(

Just because you cant smoke like alot of us in this section (Like TokeTheToke below me:smoking:) dont say that no one can smoke without hindered mental function. Im sure theres other seasoned veterans thinking the same thing.

Sorry about the long post im feeling good off 1.5g's of Master Kush faced in my Zhong :D:smoking::smoking:

14. Make some edibles (firecrackers) and then goto school at lunch eat the firecracker (takes 30 min to 1 hour to kick in), then it peaks within time. you will be blazed for more then 4 hours if you used dank :hippie:

Fuck smoking it eat it (bake it up)

15. Absolutely.

16. I guess everyone is different but it smoking doesn't seem to effect my intelligence or motivation except for the few hours when I'm actually high. I'm a fairly light smoker through as I usually smoke around 4-5 times a week. I'm a senior in high school right now and I started smoking during my junior year. I'm currently having the best semester of my life, taking 4 AP classes and getting B+'s to A's so the weed isn't hurting my grades. I'm not always motivated to start my work but then I remember that I never used to be all that motivated before I smoked either. A lot of it is just a mind game. Before people smoke, they get unmotivated and just accept it. After some people start to smoke, they are still unmotivated but then assume it's because of the weed.

17. My weed smoking during school goes like this, blaze on the way to school, get shit done at school (hw and shit for the next day), blaze after school wit my buddies and probably blaze with another group of people at night. Managed to keep a 3.5 gpa and never do work at home so it's all straight.