Can you put thc oils in any vaporizer tank/cartridge?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by anon98607, Jan 10, 2017.

1. I have a disposable vape cartridge for my thc oil, (60-70% concentrate, the rest is usually propylene glycol) and I wanted a more permanent cartridge that wouldn't eventually burn out. Can I use any tank used for vaping?

2. I've used those cheap oil pens from the tobacco, and while it works, it sucks.
    So in my opinion most pen type vapes will work.

I got one of these pens and absolutely love it. I can use either a ceramic donut, which heats up slowly and only to a certain temperature before shutting off, or a dual quartz one which probably is combustion, but gives massive hits of wax, anywhere I want.
    Downside is the glass top breaks when dropped. What I love about the glass top is that it keeps the splattering centered over the atomizer so it eventually drips back down. Hard to explain.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Forgot to mention, I have not replaced any of the coils, seems they will last a very long time.

3. Hey guys, also following on from this conversation.
    Just wondering where one might track down said oils? I'm in Melbourne and enjoy a regular joint.

None of my current contacts can point me in the right direction unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. I wouldn't. These sorts of oils are notorious for gunking up vape equipment. If you're intent on using this sort of oil to vape, I suggest you buy a variable wattage regulated mod with a dripping atomizer. It doesn't have to be top of the line $60 should get you a decent setup. You'll also have to learn how to build coils, but it's not hard. The reason I suggest this is because it's going to be easier to deal with the inevitable gunking fall out. You'll just have to pull out your builds and get the gunk off the deck. As opposed to a tank which usually has a bunch of nooks and crannies that are going to be extremely hard to clean.

Alternatively, you might be about to get away with a PG or VG THC tincture with little to no solids in a tank. But it's probably still going to gunk up pretty bad.

Sounds like what you're currently vaping in is a cartomizer. I think these are probably ideal for vaping the oil you currently have. They'll gunk, for sure, but they're disposable so it doesn't really matter. You can get them for extremely cheap these days. And you can use them with your current equipment, since that's what you have been using.