Can you prune a plant that is in flower the last 3 weeks, Tia

Discussion in 'General' started by Hydrodub, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Can anyone out there help me with this problem I'm having, I've got a couple of tangerine dreams and there in flower the last 3 weeks and I just wanna no would it be alright to prune the bottom leaves and lollypop them at this stage of there cycle,tanx,

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Sure you can. I still don't know if it's a good idea to lollipop or not. I've heard both pro and con arguments that make sense so what I do is trim the old fan leaves and any that are blocking light to bud sites and leave the healthy fans which don't block light alone. Of course it's too late to prune bud sites unless you want to get rid of small popcorns for some reason.

3. No point now really, I'd roll with what you got mate. If some of the bottom bud is undesirable use it for edibles or something, but removing it now will have negligible effects on your top flower. It may even stress the growth reducing final yield.

If you are talking about your fan leaves turning yellow at the bottom, that is normal. Let the plant suck them dry till they fall off or are very easily plucked off.

Edit: If this is your first grow, you may not have a problem. The plant goes through a lot of changes right at the very end. Give us a pic!

4. Yes, I would agree with DD on this. Lollypopping at 3 weeks is way too agro and you will shock the shit out of it.

I lollypop about 2 weeks before the 12/12 with great results. Don't worry about going overboard since it will grow back in...like a bad haircut.

You can do a lite prune underneath after about week 4 in order to clear out some of the dead brush but don't go crazy with it.

Good luck