Can you over do Pro-tekt?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by DanTheReggaeFan, Nov 20, 2022.

1. I know some people are against all bottles in organics but I'm loosely following the No-till method here so just started using Pro-tekt and Ful-power. I gave my plants a soil drench with those last night to water in some MBP and wanted to start an IPM today with Neem. I was going to use Pro-tekt again to emulsify the neem but was wondering if that would then be too much PT? Anybody know if that would be safe?

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Depending on how you train your plants you may want to consider how often you use your Pro-TeKt. With mainline training I find over using bottled silica can prematurely harden the stems. Not the best in that instance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. not to mention cloning, makes you get them clone at right time with no window on either side , my opinion mate is wait 3 days to make sure what you just did works out first.
    my question is if your using malted barley why use bottles at all

• Like Like x 1
  4. That makes sense. I was planning on topping once or twice. Not quite mainlining but would still like to open them up a bit.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ok I think I'll stick to just using it to emulsify my Neem and Karanja oils then. I was hoping to take clones from this round so don't want it affecting that.

Tbh the only reason I bought them is because when I first got into organics it was through the No-Till thread and just bought everything to follow that schedule before actually finishing the thread and learning more about what was actually needed so now I have these bottles sitting there and I'd rather not waste them. Now I know better I won't be buying them again when I run out. I've actually just started week 6 of flower in my first organic run and I didn't actually use any bottles this round and everything is healthy so I know it can be done without them.

• Like Like x 3
  6. nothing wrong with bottled nutrients, i just prefer to make my own , you should hit up the KNF threads

• Like Like x 1
  7. Funny you say that. That was actually what I was gonna start looking into once I'd got a solid understanding of organics. I've already got a few books saved in my amazon basket.

• Like Like x 2
  8. check out the thread
    ferment discussion by alt organics
    pretty good thread to start at , the no till and ferments is about as good as it gets, why buy nuted when you can just make them ,
    my opinion even with all the korean natural farming technics there are nothing even compare to comfrey and stinging nettle, those two are all around and any time the very best feed there is, just my opinion

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks I'll check them out. Comfrey was actually the only extra thing I added to my mix that wasn't in the no-till thread. I could probably source stinging nettle locally but I'm not sure if it would have been sprayed with anything because of its location so I've given it a miss so far.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Sorry I'm late. I've used Agsil16H at ~15ppm which equates to making a stock solution by dissolving 23g powder into 1 liter distilled water then using at a rate of 2 tsp per gallon. Found this recipe at The Logical Gardener website. So far so good . . .

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Wait a minute, is your concern using too much protekt-emulsified neem oil as a soil drench?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Are you growing again Hap or just hanging out?

• Like Like x 1
  13. I finally popped a couple beans into the dirt just a few minutes ago. It's been about 8 years, man.

I have a tiny little rig I whipped up and posted years ago (in the sig). Probably going to document my tiny grow adventures over there.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Cool, I'll tag along for your grow. I down scaled too, so maybe I can learn some things about smaller grows.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. No I did a plain protekt soil drench and then wondered if using the emulsified neem oil as a foliar would over do it. I've kinda given up on that now anyway. I really fucked up my plants with some ful-power and they're taking a while to bounce back so I'm just letting them recover before doing anything to them.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Hey man, do you have a link to your journal because I'm not seeing any sig and it would be good to follow along another small space grower. I'm doing mine in a cupboard I built for it

• Like Like x 2
  17. I see. I was regularly watering in protekt in accordance with the label and used it to emulsify once a week neem sprayings. No issues there at all. If you are worried, you can use some Dr. Bronners to emulsify the neem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Sure thing, fellow reggae fan! 92 watts of organic goodness

• Like Like x 1