Can you mix indica and sativa for the best of both??

Discussion in 'Smoke Reports' started by IrishPirate, Nov 16, 2016.

1. So, recently, I've been thinking about growing, but in trying to pick a strain, I couldn't find any that offered a nice mix of indica and sativa effects (i.e., body and mind high). If I grow pure indica and pure sativa plants and then mix the resulting herb equally when I smoke, will I get the full effect of both, or will one be dominant, thus missing the point of growing both?

2. Yes. That is called a hybrid salad. I make hybrid salads all the time. They're great!

3. Awesome! Looking forward to trying my first. So, you get the full force of both right? Neither effect is diminished a noticeable amount?

4. #4 grasscoty, Nov 16, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    Yes I get the full effect of both. YMMV

5. the vast majority of commercial plants even seeds these days are hybrids, both indica and sativa

as to the effect of the stone and how you relate to these effects

is more to do with the time of harvest than to any particular pheno

its well know if you are after a couch like effect let the trics go amber

for a more of a rush, harvest at clear even cloudy trics

good luck

• Like Like x 1
  6. Almost every strain you can purchase is a hybrid. Some are MOSTLY sativa and some are MOSTLY indica. Or a 50/50. Unless you search and find 'Landrace' genetics. you're buying a hybrid. Every strain is gonna effect you differently. You can look up strains and see the 'reviews' That may give you an idea. Mixing 2 strains is not gonna give you full effect of both. In a bowl...maybe...haha. HTH.

• Like Like x 1
  7. #7 Quantary, Feb 12, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    Strain genetics are a murky world of myth, fable, and marketing. It comes down to the fact that there are only three known species (which is also in dispute, some scientist claim it's just one) of sativa, indica and ruderalis. When you say "hybrid" that means to me no more than 60% of either sativa or indica.

Over the years growers have crossed strains over and over again so that having "pure" strain is rare. That's why some companies spend a lot of money trying to procure "landrace" strains. It's pretty obvious by looking at a plant if it's indica or sativa dominant.

If you want to get the most weight for the amount of space you have, I would grow a hybrid, instead of a sativa and indica separately. The plants grow and mature at different rates, and they thrive in different temperature/humidity conditions. Most of the time you don't get great yields from predominantly sativa or indica strains. If you prefer sativa, just go with no more than an 80/20, you'll get the same effects without as many growing issues (especially for small wattage, small sq ft grows). A hybrid can give you 25% more dry weight per watt than a pure-ish strain. I've had good luck with Burmese Kush (TH Seeds)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1