Can you make weed Tincture with Vaped weed?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by BakedAsaNun, Feb 1, 2015.

1. So basically can you make tincture for a e-cig style vaporizer with vaporized weed? like can you use weed that you vape ( which is still golden brown ) to make ecig oil and it will still come out half decent? 

2. Technically, I think you can. However, in order to vaporizer THC the temperature will need to be higher then the temp to decarb the weed. Decarbing is an essential step in creating tinctures. I'm not sure how much THC gets lost when you vaporize, but I believe you would still need to decarb the vaped weed. You also need to consider the fact that the vaped weed won't be nearly as potent as fresh buds.

3. #3 puddleglum, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2015
    ABV doesn't need to be decarbed: it is ready to eat and you can literally just put it in your mouth and swallow it if you like. :)

However ABV is also very low in THC. So I predict your ABV tincture will have a mild sedative effect as opposed to the full effects of green bud.

Check out Vito's instructions in this thread: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/tinctures.9821/

4. so pretty much im better to use vaped weed for cooking? 

Nobody said that... in fact I gave you a link to a pretty awesome-looking tincture recipe! ;)

But yes: I, personally use my ABV for cooking as opposed to tincture-making.

6. Yeh but cooking with it will probably get me the most high haha :L

7. #7 puddleglum, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2015
    Why do you say that? Nothing wrong with tincture and if you are curious to try it, it sounds like a fun project. But if you use already vaped then it's not going to be as strong as fresh green bud, whether you eat it, smoke it, tincture it, or put it up your butt. (And yes, I have tried all of these methods!) :)

8. surely if the weed/oil ratio which is mainly weed will turn out a stronger tincture?

Of course!

(But less potent than if you'd used the same amount of fresh green bud.)

10. i am aware that using fresh bud would be better, but iv recently purchased a Davinci pocket vaporizer, so needing a way to use up my vaped weed haha

11. #11 puddleglum, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2015
    I grind up 4g (or more) of ABV and simply add it to 1 box of brownie mix. I cut into 16 brownies, which works out to 0.25g (or more) of ABV per brownie. The effect is relaxing and sedative. :)

12. Had any experience of tincture with vaped smoke? And how strong do your brownies turn out?

13. I don't want to sound like a broken record but if you want a strong THC effect, my ABV brownie recipe will disappoint you.

I don't particularly care for tincture or pen vapes personally (but I don't think there's anything wrong with them).

14. My friend used to have a pax vaporizer and he would take his caped bud and put it on a peanut butter sandwich and would eat it and get stoned. Never tried it myself hahaha 😁

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

15. I recommend using at least an eighth of vaped bud for a single dose. That has always worked well for me

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. I've been pretty disappointed with the effects from reusing ABV.

Ive eaten 4-5 grams and didn't get a good buzz. I've got about a half oz saved right now and I'm gonna try to make it into a single dose edible.

17. I was only thinking because i have about 3-4 grams so far, and was thinking of making some oil, arround 2-3ml, now ive only vaped it once, and sometimes i think i could of got more out of it, so surely if i made vape oil it should be OK? like for use during the day or at work

18. I would never use ABV during the day at work.

• Like Like x 1