Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

can you make cannacoconut oil without heat?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by mulu, Feb 4, 2015.

1. waguan brothers. can you make cannacoconut oil with using heat? i know that decarbing is meant to be an issue so if i decarbed the herb first then infused it in the oil for say 3 days at room temp will this work just as good? mainly interested in this to avoid that gross burnt-like taste you often get with heated cannaoil/budder

2. Obviously I'll met into into the oil first lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum
    Melt

3. #4 puddleglum, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2015
    Try it and let us know in 3 days. Or follow the "sticky" thread for guaranteed success. Your choice. :)

I wouldn't say obviously, as you need heat to melt it and you state specifically without using any heat. It's not going to work right, btw.

5. No.

But you can make a tincture and then transfer the cannabinoids from the ethanol to coconut oil.

Visit a thread called dragon lite Follow the recipe and the folks there will help you.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

6. I would as it melts at like 30 degrees and what use would it be so not infuse them..

Ok in that case I'll go with the tried and tested method for now. But if it's already been decarbed then why wouldn't it work? Only answer if you actually know (don't mean to sound rude but this is how false information circulates)
    Peace :)

Any oil can only hold so much of the leeched THC. In a liquid oil like olive oil, you shake it up every day, this allows the particles to move to new oil instead of being surrounded by oil that's already saturated. With coconut oil it's semi-solid/gel like so the oil attaches itself to the weed particulate, gets saturated with THC, and then blocks 'clean' oil from getting next to the particulate.It basically seals it in. The oil doesn't work like a sponge where it just keeps leeching it out of the particulate, it only leeches to the oil directly touching it.

I don't know if I explained that well. Another way to illustrate it would be to think about it like this: If you put a drop of blue food coloring in liquid oil, it will eventually saturate the oil and disappear. If you put a drop of blue food coloring in coconut oil it will just sit there, maybe spread a little. You want your THC to spread through the oil, just not sit there.

yeah man i getcha. so basically i can but make sure that i keep it above 25C (melt point) and regularly shake it up?

Yeah, as long as you keep it in a liquid state and shake it up every day or so it should work out. How are you going to keep it warm enough to remain liquid?

10. when heating the herb with coconut oil, there isnt any burnt smell/taste present. it taste great with the herb. use extra virgin coconut oil at low heat for several hours, and stir it .. if you think it is getting too hot..switch off the stove and let it cool.... then continue.

11. my kitchen is warm so it usually stays at a melted or near melted consistency

12. yeah man it tastes nice now haha it was actually the herb that was in it that made the smell/taste i was talking about, i left it in for extra long to absorb all the cannabinoids, but have since taken it out and the oil is delicious, i also added a vanilla pod :)

13. I tried Hashmouf's butter recipe with coconut oil and abv that I washed first. Worked real well. Heat weed and oil on low ten minutes, cool and refrigerate overnight, reheat on low and strain. I actually did the heat/cool cycle twice. Can't wait to try with buds or trim. Real easy. I like the vanilla pod idea thanks!