Can you like... apply for VIP or whatever?

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Mogwai, Sep 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VIP is what it takes to neg, right?

I understand the staff decision to make the ability to neg only available to select members.. But as it seems now there really aren't THAT many people who can do it. Enough to make it to where you don't have to worry posting like you would in most other forums. I mean, if somebody cares about rep, they refrain from posting stupid shit because it would have negative rep results. But here? You don't gotta worry at all really.

Does the staff just randomly say "you know, this member xxxxxx is pretty solid. I think we should grant them the ability to neg"? Or is there some way to speed up that process?

Because really, I'm tired of seeing some of the stupid posts. Not opinions that don't fit mine, but just shit that's generally disrespectful to others and the community as a whole, but doesn't seem worthy of a ban or anything.

Yeah, I wanna have the neg ability. I said it >.>.. I don't understand how with over 3k posts, 1.5k rep points, and a membership of over 3 years wouldn't qualify. Perhaps staff should consider setting some sort of requirement that is a bit more defined (though then again, how many times has that been suggested...)

2. #2 Skunky Monkey, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2011
    Not really, i mean i guess you could but it would just be better to wait, be respectful and it will happen eventually man ;)

But yeh you fit the criteria.

And why do you want to neg rep so bad, if i was the admin i would use this as a example not to pick you, there's other perks apart from neg repping people, (VIP section.)

Also it's not just about the post count/rep/time you have been here, it's about the member, if your not nice you wont get picked, personally i think your respectful and nice though so hopefully you get the VIP status.

3. Ah, I didn't know there were other benefits of being VIP.

And I'm not eager to neg anybody. I just like the idea of it being more balanced feeling.

4. Yeh there's a VIP section, and yeh i know what you mean :p

5. Nope, there's no application process or anything. Just gotta keep on being a good member and hope for the best. ;)

Report them. :p

If someone is being disrespectful enough to deserve a -rep then they're almost definitely being disrespectful enough to deserve a warning or infraction.

6. Yeah man that's so balanced, about 1% of the GC population being able to neg rep...

7. #7 Eric111E, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2011
    You can't apply for VIP, you get chosen by other VIP's, staff, and the admin. It really just takes time and recognition. Post good info, be mature, and you'll make it there

8. It's kinda for a reason though, when everyone could neg rep people would just abuse it and target specific members they didn't like or agree with.

9. I got like 6k posts and 5k rep. Only been -rep'd twice by people who I believe misunderstood what I was saying. Only got a warning once because I was failed to emphasize my sarcasm and as a result was seen as "advocating violence".

I'll probably never be a VIP because of those horrible stains on my record.

10. One warning is definitely not gonna kill your chances of being VIP someday, and I don't think how many -reps you have gotten even matters. :p

I meant to close this thread after I answered the OP's question, my bad! :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.