Can you leave plants in veg for too long?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Hamjack, Mar 24, 2017.

1. I have 11 plants about 8 weeks of veg. 7 look ready to flip, 4 are a bit smaller. I have 2 grow tents. Can I flip the big tent and let the 4 smaller plants stay in veg for 2 or 3 weeks longer? It would make managing the big tent a bit easier as well, because there are a few plants in there that were non fem seed and I need to watch for sex. Here are the plants I want to hold back a little while.

Attached Files:

2. You can keep them in veg if you would like ain't any different then me keeping my mothers in veg to take clones off of ... they look good. But at 8 weeks they seem as if they should be bigger lil bigger .. or is that from seed crack to now .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Larger shot: IMG_3035-1.JPG

4. That's from seed crack to today. They'll be 8 weeks since germ next week.. Feb with only 28 days messes me up when counting days...

5. [​IMG]

Those r 8weeks topped 5 times I believe .. Urs look great though .. but yea keep em vegging , just watch pot size may wanna up pot one more time depends I like to do my final pot 2 weeks before they go to flower to get good and settled in the last container but not
    Be over loading the container weeks. Before the flip

6. So there really 5 weeks in veg 3 weeks seedling stage , that's how I count my weeks idk if that's how all do it but from seed time the seed cracks to
    The time it gets it 3rd set of leaves or around 2 or 3 weeks is when u start feeding is when I start counting the veg stage so for u to have a true 8 week veg in my grow u would wanna go another 2 to 3 weeks depending on how tall ur gonna wanna finish ur girls out , tien them down topping Ect keeps em short but gets more tops ..

7. These are the plants I plan on flipping late next week.

Attached Files:

8. Ahhh! Gotcha. I'm in no rush so I don't mind waiting. I only topped these once. I've heard that topping results in more, but smaller colas where less topping results in larger colas. Is that your experience?

9. Those look amazing! Are the big girls in 5 gallon pots?

10. There all in 5s the smaller ones on the left r only 2 week younger
    Then the 3 on left only difference is I used azoz and mikos and tea on the big ones and didn't on the small ones but I had to pull my light up to satisfy the big
    Ones so
    The lil ones suffered so that contributed some also ..

• Like Like x 1
  11. I got plans that I've kept for over a year before I decide to flip them. They get big as hell as long as you don't put them in 12/12 you're good.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  12. damn dude, how big are your tents? Those two big ones are gonna be huge. some plants can double in size. I have 1 that grew close to 2 foot when I flipped it to flower within the first 2 weeks lol.

13. #14 Hamjack, Mar 24, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    The big tent is 5X5X7. All plants are heavy indica strains. Right now I can easily handle a doubling in height. The holding tent is 2X5X5.

14. #15 Hamjack, Mar 24, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    Maybe I'll flip 6 in the first go round then... move all the others into 5 gallon pots and wait to flip the rest till the first 6 are done.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yup take your time. With photos it's almost timeless

16. Thanks. I'm going to go half and half. Once I sex the first half, possibly cull a couple of males and get flowering underway I'll move the second wave in. That will give ma a couple of harvests a month or so apart.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Perfect just what you need.

• Like Like x 1