Can You Leave A Plant In Vegetative State Indefinitely?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Hajduk, Jul 6, 2014.

1. #1 Hajduk, Jul 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2014
    Hey, sorry if this is an often asked question.... I tried searching but couldn't find a clear answer.

Basically, I am growing a normal strain alongside an autoflower.  In order to get the maximum yield from the auto, I do not want to switch 18/6 lighting while it flowers.  Will the normal strain be fine vegging for a longer period while the auto flowers?   I was hoping to switch the lights to 12/12 after the auto is harvested.  The normal strain (Atomic Northern Lights) has been going for 5 weeks and looks very healthy (short, but very lush).  I believe that is has been ready for the switch for at least a week already.  The auto (Early Miss) should be done in about 3 weeks.

I have limited space and resources, so I would prefer to not have 2 separate grows simultaneously.

As always, thanks for any tips and advice you can give me.

2. you are ok. 

yes, you can leave a plant in veg indefinitely. Look up cloning, and more specifically MOTHER PLANTS. A mother plant is pretty much a plant that is kept in veg throughout its entire life and grown out to take clone clippings from. You'll be good...and is prolly a better idea than just switching to 12/12 already!

3. #3 loki125, Jul 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2014