Can you keep seedlings under 24hr light?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by CanadianKushPro, Apr 27, 2011.

1. I just want to know if you can do that or not? Then put the plants in 18/6 for veg or will it fuck with the plant?

Any help would be great

2. YES! Seedling LOVE 24 hour light, Give em 24 for a week even, it doesn't hurt them. once a week or two is up go to 18-6 and don't change it till you see flowers. Easy as that. Best time proven method..

3. #3 The Bunker, Apr 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2011
    I clone and veg under 24hr light. It is one long day that lasts 6 weeks.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Veg cycle can be 18/6, 24/0, or anything in between. You don't have to switch between them during veg -- if you want to go 24/0 with the seedlings you could stick with that all the way through veg, and if you wanted to switch to 18/6 during veg you also could do that no worries.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Alright thanks. my plants are feminized and the guy at thr store were i bought the seeds from said that if the lighting gets messed around with they can change sex.

So i just wanted to makes sure that this setup wouldnt do that. Thanks for the help

6. #6 redbarron, Apr 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    One of the biggest things to avoid that is to switch right to 12/12 when flowers form and to be very very sure that they have COMPLETE darkness at night.

7. #7 The Bunker, Apr 27, 2011
    Flowers don't form until after you switch to 12/12.

8. #8 redbarron, Apr 29, 2011
    No. You need to go read, they form not based on photoperiod but on maturity, They will flower when they are sexually matured. Plain and simple.

• Like Like x 1
  9. #9 The Bunker, Apr 29, 2011
    Give me a link.

10. #10 redbarron, Apr 29, 2011
    This is common knowledge. Don't challenge me. I can't link it because I don't do all research on the internet.

11. #11 The Bunker, Apr 29, 2011
    What book did you read it in?

12. #12 redbarron, Apr 29, 2011
    Seriously dude. I've seen it in real life. I've seen plants flower under 24 hours of light when it was 15 days old. Means simple it happened to be a strain that knew it need to mature right away. Most plants will have trouble or may never flower under 20-24 hours of light, once you switched to 12/12 flowers will pop and that's what caused the common misconception that photoperiod causes flowers.

I did originally read this in jorge cervants's book.

where's toastybiz to back me up?

13. #13 spokamsterdam, Apr 29, 2011
    I can understand that an autoflower naturally flowers without light change but any other plant will stay in its vegetative state as long as it recieves a minimum of 18 hours a day of light. If a plant flowered just because it was mature I wouldn't have a cut off a 3 year old mother plant right now

• Like Like x 4
  14. Quote from the book, not exactlly what i was looking for but i can't find that part

" Flowering is most efficientaly induced with 12 hours of uninterrupted darkness, once the plants has developed sexual characteristics.""

15. #15 The Bunker, Apr 29, 2011
    If you are referring to Ruderalis aka autoflowering strains, then yes they show flowers according to maturity, but then would not require a switch to 12/12. I've read Jorge Cervantes book cover to cover. If you tell me which page I'll read it to my mother plant that is a year old.

• Like Like x 3

16. No this isn't specific to auto flowers

Any ANY stain that i've EVER see will preflower under 18-6 absurd to say that's not true

• Like Like x 1
  17. Showing sex is not showing flowers.

• Like Like x 1

18. are u fucking serious?! You see pre-flowers you know sex, i really don't think you are worth arguing with.

19. This isn't the only thread someone that someone has called you out on that. I just read your other posts.

20. so you are telling me its a common mis conception? NEWS FLASH!