Can you help me diagnose the problem?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by WolfGanja, Nov 28, 2015.

1. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448680076.332367.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448680140.196361.jpg

My little KC 42 plant looks sickly, I don't know what's wrong with it. Her sisters look fine too.

2. How much do you water it? I don't know for sure as I'm a noob but that is my guess.

3. They look ok. Those are young so new growth can wilt till it matures. It would be drooping all over if it was under watered. Looks like possible over watering. Just water once a day and make sure your ph is always accurate, for soil between 6.5 and 7.0. Not enough light or othere factors may be contributing to the problem also.
    Just my opinion, hope that helps some.

4. Just make sure the soil is dry before watering is what I have been told. I stick my finger in to the 1st knuckle to test. If you feel moisture don't water. Again I'm in my 1st grow so no expert.

5. That is a good rule of thumb. But dont. Go digging knuckle deep. Their either thirsty with dry soil or not. Its best not let your grow medium get bone dry before you water, just moist and needing to be fed.

6. So many techniques out there, it becomes a personal thing.

7. You do not water daily and you do not test the soil for dryness by the "first knuckle" method. If you'll notice, that pot is HUGE. There is no way you can accurately test the dryness of the soil at only that depth. You do not water any container (pot) until you are sure and certain that AT LEAST 80 to 90% of the water has been used up by the plant first. Maintaining defined wet/dry cycles with the roots of this plant is a must if you want to grow a healthy plant. That and making sure you use only water that is pH'd to the correct range WHICH IS.....6.3 to 6.7 for soil grows. Be careful giving out information to others unless you're darn sure it is correct. Some reading in the new grower threads here could really benefit you guys in learning the basics of growing this plant the correct way.
    WolfGanja....your plant is in a HUGE pot. Putting a small plant into a very large container will take some time for the plant to get rooted in and back to growing again. Unless you're growing autos, you serve yourself better by keeping them in small containers and potting them up a size at a time once they are as tall and wide as the container they're in. Confining the space the plant has to get rooted into will speed up the foliage growth rather than having to sit around for weeks and wait on a little plant to get rooted in and growing again.
    I suspect that if you will only water when the container is dry with properly pH'd water...your plant will pick up and grow nicely. Shouldn't need any nutes until weeks on down the road because that plant will take some time to use up the nutrients in the soil....and you only start nutrients once it has drained the current container of nutrients. Then...you repot up again if that's what you plan to do or start nutes at 1/4 the recommended dose. Start with a weak solution and work up in concentration from there. TWW

8. Could be cold under watered is my guess my tip for watering i sure wouldnt water every day bad idea just my opinion heck i only have close to 14 years of it lol only if the pot feels light give them a drink is my rule in flower though ive had some take a gallon a day id walk in move the pot and she was light so i added water ph is also a big deal but easily managed that should have been a must from day one cold weather can make them take longer to wake up or wilt also

9. #9 killset, Nov 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2015
    Defined wet and dry periods is a myth. Hydro and sub irrigated planters would be impossible. I run SIPS, soil stays nice and moist, plants love it. They grow healthy as can be. Maintaining the proper amount of moisture in soil is necessary, wet and dry cycles are unnecessary.

The theory with starting in a smaller container and up potting is that the plant becomes somewhat root bound and will explode in growth after being transplanted into a larger container. The smaller container isn't causing the growth. I find this unnecessary also. I start right in my finishing pot without any issue at all