Can you guys help me make up an excuse?

Discussion in 'General' started by QTpie44+, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Okay, so I've got this friend, more like a cousin really and I've known him my whole life and he always has my back.

He lives 3-4 hours away from me, at school. And I haven't seen him for at least a year and a half.

He invited me to go see this concert in March, and I really wanna go and everything, but I have NO ride to go there or anything. My parents say they have no money and I don't have enough for this trip/

The other day I told him that I have no ride, so he says take the bus, but 1. I don't want to. and 2. I dont have cash for that

He even said he will drive 3 hours to get me, 3 hours back, then take me home 3 hours away, then finally back to his house. Then he said it would cost too much money in gas which I agree

He already bought the ticket ($30-ish, but he goes to a music school, so he can find someone to go with I'm sure)

Now usually I wouldn't be making this such a big deal, but I think he will feel like I'm blowing him off, because I havent seen him in a while.

What should I tell him, so he'll know I'm not being dickish about things? Plase help. Thanks!!

2. just tell him u cant make it coz u dont have enough money but you would love to if u could. thats a valid reason.

3. I'm sure he'll understand. I see no reason to make up an excuse when you have a perfectly valid one.

You could always hitch there if you really wanted to go, pack a sack and roll on the open road :D

4. you can make it, stop bein a bitch, man up, when ur almost dead ull know only fam matters

5. friday night on grasscity is a bad time to ask something like this, pretty few that aren't under the influence of something im guessing. yeah im not even gonna try cause ill probably give you a bad excuse. back to drinkin and rolling another j :smoking:

6. he should be cool dude, would the event your talking about include MosDef, Moby and a few others? Because thats def at my school this week.

7. Unfortunately I'm not one of the ones under the influence that heated mentioned :(

You said he said he was concerned about money, tell him you are too. Maybe you could work out a compromise, like he could pick you up and you could take a bus back if you can muster it (i.e. half the cost for both of you).

I really wanted to go to 311 day in March :(

8. If it is march then don't you have time to make some bank?

9. what music school, it wouldn't be musicians institute would it? and as for an excuse just tell him the truth you have a good reason.

10. The kids father is a millionaire, however, I don't wanna ask for money because IDK I don't wanna

Its March 1st and I have other things I need to spend money on like food, gas, etc.

11. That's what im thinking. There's got to be something you can do to get money before then... and I mean, how much would a buss ticket really run you? It can't be that expensive, or you could just go in half on the gas with that money and get him to ride down a day earlier and spend a night at your place or something.