Can you guess what it is?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by blu422, Oct 23, 2006.

1. have tried magnesium through foliar feeding
    1/4 strength ferts every 3rd watering
    water sched is 2off 1 on
    temps 75-85
    soil is basic topsoil
    under 8,500 lumens 2-5000k cfl and the rest cool white
    1) leafs are twisted and wrinkly
    2) the leaf stems were red and have subsided back to green
    3) there is pattern spotting on certain larger leafs between leaf veins it is light brown and yellow and a few leaf tips are dying
    I NEED YOU TO GET THIS LITTLE GIRL THROUGH!!! LOL
    what do you think it is?

BTW I cannot post pics right now I will try to asap

Attached Files:

• img2.jpg
      img2.jpg
      File size:
      191.9 KB
      Views:
    • img.jpg
      img.jpg
      File size:
      227.8 KB
      Views:
    • img3.jpg
      img3.jpg
      File size:
      187.2 KB
      Views:
    • img4.jpg
      img4.jpg
      File size:
      160.5 KB
      Views:
    • img5.jpg
      img5.jpg
      File size:
      156.2 KB
      Views:
  2. whats your soils PH, twisting leaves indicates a PH prob, and its probably causing nute lock-out which will continue to get worse. Get a digital PH Meter and check your run-off's PH. You should be aiming for 6.2-6.8. And your water and nutrient solutions should be balanced in that range as well, unless your out of the range and in that case if its high then for each .1 above 6.8 your water/solution should be .1 below 6.2, however, don't exceed 7.5 or go below 5.0. If that is wood chips in your soil it is probably low or acidic. Finally for adjusting purposes get some ph-up and ph-down.

3. hey chimera thank you soo much for the advice, I assumed it would be a ph problem. there are several wood chips in the soil, I actually live very far from any hydro shop walmart or home improvement store. I will buy a ph meter etc when I go to visit my gf is there any way to change the ph in a mild manner just temporarily until I buy a ph testing kit. and by looking at my plant and knowing that the medium has a lot of wood in it can I safely assume that it is acidic, and change the ph of the soil with something household?????? I really cant drive out to get anything for a while

4. maybe you got some ferts on the leaves i did that at it like at a hole in the leave..do alot of leaves have that brown see how it looks like it ran off the leaves like a liquid dried on the leaves.....thats just n ugly plant..good luck man

5. also is that 2 plants in one tiny pot ...theres ur prob

6. i heard lemon juice and baking soda changes ph to more acidic...while vinegar lowers to a more neutral...there has beena few post on ph look around

7. cultivationist your advice is terrible. I am not trying to be mean and I appreciate your input but please only give tried and true advice. No I never have fed the plant foliar. thanks for the compliment on their being two plants in one pot (however there is only one, and it is LSTed) I also know for a fact that your Ph advice is not something to take seriously, lemon juice may make it acidic but baking soda would be highly alkaline and this would raise the Ph.
    ALSO i have looked around and found that there are methods to lowering and raising the Ph, but once again I like tried and true responses and have yet to find a legitimate and working response with evidence or experience to back it up. Moreover I am asking for a situational response with regards to my soild being acidic.

8. actually, the "terrible" advice wasn't that far off. well, until he went off on that vinegar tangent anyway.

however, his guess of fert burn on your leaves was right on. either your tap water has too much sodium, or you've been giving nutrient solution with too high an EC. also looks as if your soil has a very high nitrogen content, as indicated by deep green in leaves. that will cause problems during reproductive growth phase as well.

you should repot the plant to some better soil. just keep the rootball intact and it'll be fine. get rid of the woodsy stuff, go to local hardware store and get some good soil and some lime (make certain it is Dolomite Lime, no other kind will work) add some perlite (10-20%) and dolomite (1 cup per cu.ft. of soil) to the soil and get that baby outta' that icky soil.

overall, it looks really good. you have excellent node spacing. good luck

Elrod

9. lol browser deleted my message so in short
    I have taken your advice elrod and am awaiting the results thanks.
    Sorry cultivationist I just wanted more solid advice.

10. forgot to add, use plain h2o next coupla' times...no nutes at all. it will be all better in no time.

el