Can you grow with just a light?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by fatasspete, Apr 19, 2012.

1. hey guys wondering if growing with juSt a light would work

2. Like as in just a house lamp? Thats how i vegged mine for 30 days with 4 regular house lamps... very ghetto setup i had but it grew a foot tall and very bushy for just using house lamps then i took her in the woods and she growin even better

3. Compact fluorescent Lighting (CFL) are the "swirly" looking light bulbs. For one plant you need a minimum of 100 actual watts per plant. If i were you I would buy either 4 or 5 25w cfl's or 3 40w cfls. A 40 watt cfl cost about 8-10 dollars. Also, look for the actual wattage where it says 40w=200w pay attention to the smaller number.

And to answer your question, it is simply pointless to try to grow with regular house hold bulbs

4. I used 23 w cfl in the lamps regular bulbs melted my pots i had them in as seedlings

5. i mean i have a proper hps 600w light but nothing else just that . will it be enough or do i need fans,nutrients and ph kits etc

6. Soil? Water? It can be done, but you'll be lucky if you don't run into problems if you don't feed it anything and if it gets too hot.