Can you grow with grow lights and sunlight ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by woodsNtrees123, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Let’s say this is my first time hypothetically growing and my plant is 5 days old and I’m growing it indoors with sunlight and getting a grow light in a couple days can I use the grow light ? Or would it mess up the plant

2. It'll be fine to put it under a grow light.

Some people acclimating their plants to outdoor conditions and light hours bring them in and out from under their lights to get an early start on their outdoor grow season.

Do you mean you are just growing the plant by a window right now?

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 4
  3. I'm using daylight and a 400W SON-T to head my seed plants and it has been working well.

• Like Like x 2
  4. If it was the other way around you would need to ease it into sunlight as the sun itself is more powerful than any grow light. You're ok in your situation.

• Like Like x 2
  5. yea just ease it out in the sun give it some shade till plant is bigger and grown a bit more etc ,,it;l love the sun,,make sure plants are well watered too ,sun dries the pots out really fast ,,,mac,

• Like Like x 1
  6. Alright thank y’all for the input

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yeah its on the windowsill

8. And when should I start feeding it ? I heard molasses was good while it’s little

9. You'll be good dude. Plants love light. They will probably thrive better as window light has limitations:

-Actual effectiveness ie Trying to get full, direct, consistent light for a set amount of hours
    -Non sunny days
    -Depending where you are the cool from the window can actually hamper root, and ultimately the plant's growth

Betting they will do better under a decent set of lights.
    Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Alright thanks

• Like Like x 1
  11. It won’t provide the plant the full spectrum of macro and micro nutrients quite like a bottled nutrient regimen would but it’s a start.

• Like Like x 1