Can you grow in very small pots?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Stealthsmokerman, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Ok I was curious since I have a lot of smallish pots. So if you have nutes can you grow from seed to harvest in small pots I don't mind small plants because I figured small space small lights means more small plants in the available space over using giant potsWhy so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

2. #2 buddogmutt, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2014
    Seed no....indica or indica dom clone, one gal straight 12/12 yes....anything smaller then a 1gal would be a problematic waste. All theses from clone straight 12/12 in 1gals and at harvest all you saw were roots no soil..so anything smaller or a sativa dom plant will have root bound issues..these are pic from a 12/12 project I did a while back..55 1gal pots in each 5x5x7 tent...

Attached Files:

3. What kind of light did you use? Why so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

4. [quote name="buddogmutt" post="19369992" timestamp="1390163984"]Seed no....indica or indica dom clone, one gal straight 12/12 yes....anything smaller then a 1gal would be a problematic waste. All theses from clone straight 12/12 in 1gals and at harvest all you saw were roots no soil..so anything smaller or a sativa dom plant will have root bound issues..these are pic from a 12/12 project I did a while back..55 1gal pots in each 5x5x7 tent...[/quote]And have you harvested? If so what was your yieldWhy so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

5. 1000w hps

6. Pics are date stamped....harvested long time ago....

7. I've seen plants harvested out of dixie cups. To answer your question yeah but if you have space for a bigger pot than use it. The yield isn't worth it if you have the space.

8. Ha i have a plant in that thread. 4 weeks til harvest.

9. look up 2 liter hempys

10. #11 buddogmutt, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2014
    It's a waste considering the small yield and cost to grow...but hey, whatever floats your boat...and if you skip to the end of that "for fun not yield" contest...almost all said they'll never do it again due to cost and lack of yield.

11. There are people here growing out of pill bottles and cups. You can pretty much go wild with it.

12. #13 buddogmutt, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2014
    That was STRICTLY for fun and not being advertised as an alternative grow method....

13. Again ....I said its a waste of time..not impossible but simply not worth it...indoors that is...now outdoor for fun...sure...sun is free...I run 1000 watters so I'm looking at it from my point of view...no way I'd waste the pg&e on anything smaller the a 1 gal...and considering no info on his set up was givin there was no other reference point...if you like big bills and minuscule plants...GO FOR IT!!!!...if u like it...I love it....

14. I've always preferred at least 3 gallons per plant unless you are going 12/12 right from clones rooting. I've done a few grows with lots of plants in 2 gallon containers growing together and I find that I get a lot better results if I drop the plant count just a bit and up the root space. It can definitely be done though, smallest that I've flowered out that I can recall is 1 gallon autoflowers and they did alright though not good for yield.

15. [quote name="morange" post="19373483" timestamp="1390211833"]I've always preferred at least 3 gallons per plant unless you are going 12/12 right from clones rooting. I've done a few grows with lots of plants in 2 gallon containers growing together and I find that I get a lot better results if I drop the plant count just a bit and up the root space. It can definitely be done though, smallest that I've flowered out that I can recall is 1 gallon autoflowers and they did alright though not good for yield.[/quote

Exactly....I have pics showing straight 12/12 from rooted clone...and I also run 3gals when doing clones and 5gals when from seed..seeds need that extra space...

16. Yes it can be done, but if you really want it to be worthwhile it has to be done within certain parameters. Look up SOG. Generally it makes sense to do a SOG using clones and is inefficient to do this from seed, but if you're swimming in seeds that doesn't matter. The key to a SOG is to grow a lot of smaller plants crowded together so that you end up with an even canopy of tops. Go straight into 12/12 because each plant won't have room for root development anyway.

17. [quote name="toastybiz" post="19374015" timestamp="1390229521"]Yes it can be done, but if you really want it to be worthwhile it has to be done within certain parameters. Look up SOG. Generally it makes sense to do a SOG using clones and is inefficient to do this from seed, but if you're swimming in seeds that doesn't matter. The key to a SOG is to grow a lot of smaller plants crowded together so that you end up with an even canopy of tops. Go straight into 12/12 because each plant won't have room for root development anyway.[/quote]So in a way if all you have room for is enough for 2 big pots and you will get a decent yield and if you have room for 6 smaller pots you will probably get the same yield if not a little more? Cause I will use nutes and lst like a mofo Why so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

18. No it's more like two pots compared to 20 for the same yield. 12/12 from seed you will average about 7g's a plant 7x20 is 140 grams. You could pull a half lb which is 224 grams off of two plants easily if you're patient enough to veg it out.

19. [quote name="SupaaBaked" post="19375249" timestamp="1390246567"]No it's more like two pots compared to 20 for the same yield. 12/12 from seed you will average about 7g's a plant 7x20 is 140 grams. You could pull a half lb which is 224 grams off of two plants easily if you're patient enough to veg it out.[/quote]With how much wattage? Why so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D