Can you grow dank stuff outside?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Taylored, Oct 14, 2010.

1. I heard from several people that the best bud comes from inside. What are some goods hints to growing dank stuff outside?

2. Incorrect in every way, No indoor can ever beat a good season outside, the direct sun light and CO2 levels and many more factors indoors cannot be beaten by a indoor , now a lot of your argument is based on whoever has seen good bud. However when shit hits the fan you're plants are fucked unlike indoors. Indoors has more " bag appeal " i guess, but best dank i ever smoked was always outdoors. And i have smoked my fair share of indoor strains.

People just say that cause of shitty homegrown people around them is getting/growing. Good outdoor is a amazing thing, exp organic bud!

3. Ok, what are some good clues for growing outside besides keeping it hidden

4. Tips:
    Pick a strain that is proper for outdoors and your latitude.
    Greenhouses are good. Can add security and protection from environment.
    Keep up on spotting and removing pests. This is really important.
    Grow in only quality soil - not reused, sterile.
    Do not add any fertilizer to your first grow. None! Resist!
    - I say this because you are more likely to add too much ferts, which is more dangerous than the plants running low on ferts. You can correct the deficiency, but the overage is harder.
    It is nearly impossible to overwater plants in the ground, make sure you don't underwater.
    Because lights are everywhere, make sure you have no light near the spot you want to grow. It will f the photoperiod, and you may end up with more hermies.

5. I think it can be done, have a look @ my outdoor grow

6. What are some good outdoor strands?

7. LOL stinkie fingers if you think that is "problem" overwatering, hah. I want your problems all day long then!

Taylored, what city are you closest to? It has an effect on which strain I would recommend, as both weather and latitude are important.

8. I am rather close to NYC

9. #9 yoctown, Oct 14, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
    Dunno what exactly this guy is saying but i feel the opposite. Indoor you can control more factors which in the long run ends up with a better product if you know what your doing. Now a beginner indoor probably will have worst product then he would outdoors but that isn't to say you can't do better indoors. You can give a plant anything you want indoors... Correct temperature, humidity, pest control, and you can even give it more lumens per a sq foot. You can inject co2 and use some uv-b to increase potency. I've grown my strains outdoor and indoor and indoor it came out better tasting and more potent (thanks to uv-b light :)) but it also was much more expensive to grow and took more work and skill. I guess to answer your question is yes dank can be grown outside and its not hard to grow some dank outside but you can achieve a better product indoors with proper equipment and experience. Most things about marijuana is predetermined and the product you get indoors isn't going to surpass your outdoor by leaps and bounds since you still have the same genetics but there are a few things you can do to give a positive influence.

10. #10 FriedFriend, Feb 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2012
    hi I'm going to resurrect this thread.

We are planting in switzerland (by lake geneva, not super alpine), and a greenhouse is not an option. I am ordering dank auto flower seeds.

Can it be dank as hell minus the greenhouse? completely exposed to the complete environment?

or will it be leafy, harsh, and not strong?

i really want to know before investing in seeds. they are expensive.

what do we have to do, besides replace soil, to have good strength and taste?

11. I am from the emerald triangle where our outdoor will shit on most people indoor

12. Yep your right. Just cuz u have never seen it, it must not exsist. I take my tree to the clubs an pass it off for indoor all the time. Top dollar for bomb outdoor.

13. [quote name='"sgtstadanko"']Yep your right. Just cuz u have never seen it, it must not exsist. I take my tree to the clubs an pass it off for indoor all the time. Top dollar for bomb outdoor.[/quote]

Stop lying.

Grow it in good soil with nutrients and it will be dank.

14. That exactly what I do. It legal for me to do it so I do it 100%. Worm casting an bat guano soil an advance nutrients senzi a an b grow an bloom all the way through with great results. I get 12-14 hours if direct sun light. Hard to beat that with as many 1000 watt light that u can put up

15. Son you mix organic fertilizers with chemical AN nutrients???

16. I use an organic soil. With synthetic nutrients. If AN had soil I am sure I would get it but they don't make it.

17. I also use that soils because they sell it in bulk next to my house. 60 bucks a yard

18. So, you grow chemmy outdoor weed and then lie about where it came from as you are selling it to patients as medicine? Some of whom are terminally ill, know nothing about marijuana, and trust completely in the word of their local growers and caregivers? :eek:

Wow. Great guy. +1 on the karmic scale. ;)

19. yes but don't u guys grow outdoors in a greenhouse?