can you give your legs away?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Hatz, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Well, it all started off when my sister showed me a newspaper ad of a man with no legs and was blind in one eye. The only reason I payed attention was because my dad was on the same side as this man. My dad had to serve fucking 8 years in jail because the South lost the war to the North, and eventually thanks to the U.S government, he was able to make it here in the U.S to give me a good life. I've thought twice about it and I'm legal so my parents can't do anything. The government in Vietnam won't help this man because he fought against the Viet Cong, and if he was able to live in the U.S, then he'd be treated with metal legs, etc. Is there a way that I can amputate my legs and give them away to this man? Should I just walk in a hospital, show them the ad, and say I want to amputate my legs and give them to this man? I realized that I can have the chance to get a transit device, this guy is standing two arms on a skateboard...it's just so sad. Help me out blades, I'm serious about this.

2. You have got to be shitting me. This is the most absurd think I have ever heard. Even if it was possible, no hospital/doctor would ever agree to a procedure like this

3. lol....if you pay me enough I could do the job for you :devious:

4. You don't understand. I don't need legs in my life, this guy risked his life for my freedom. The way that I can thank him back is giving my legs to him.

This is not crazy talk, troll, or any of that bullshit.

5. Buy him a segway and chop the handlebars down a good foot or two. Seems like a better solution than a skateboard or cutting your legs off.

6. Is there even such a thing as a leg transplant? Sounds ridiculous and impossible.

7. Ooh or you could put a platform or high chair sort of thing so he could be the same height instead of being like two feet tall roaming around on a segway. This is actually a legitimately good idea.

PS I think that's really sweet of you op, it made me smile :)

8. Go into the hospital and ask like you said... who knows, maybe you'll get a sedative and a room lined with padding! You won't want to lose your legs after you've hopped around in one of those rooms for awhile, just leaping and bouncing off walls all fucked up on sedatives!

9. Acid, one helluva a drug.

10. i don't even think that's possible bro:smoke:

11. On a more positive note....you could get a medical card for phantom limb pain:D

12. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Yes, it's possible and you should do it.

You also don't won't be needing your brain anymore in life since you don't use it, can I pickle it?

But atleast your heart is in the right place.

14. #14 IwasA.Smurf, Oct 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2010
  15. How would you pay for the surgery to amputate your own legs? If you have money to spend on that, why not just buy the man some prosthetics, or an electric wheelchair? :confused:

16. He wasn't thinking pearl, he wasn't thinking..

17. Lol, you can only transplant individual organs and such, not entire body parts. Why do you think the handicap have metal legs when they could transplant the legs of a deceased person? in other words its not possible.If you really want to help him donate him a wheelchair or money.

18. Thank you, exactly what I was looking for.

I've donated $100, I will donate more but I want to make sure it is him who is keeping the money. I called his number and spoke directly to him telling him that I want to see a picture of him as proof, ya know?

19. How old is this man?

Honestly, as noble as your intentions are, I really doubt that he wants your legs.

Imagine if you were that man and some young guy with his whole life ahead of him came in and said "I want to give you my legs".

Any decent person is probably going to say "wtf are you thinking, you have your whole life ahead of you to use those legs, keep 'em, dammit!" :p

I think the best thing you can probably do for this man is just to be inspired by him and make yourself a better person because of what he went through.
    I really doubt that he would want anything more than that from you, let alone your legs. ;)

20. Really, guys and gals? Nothing on the Venture Bro's reference?

And JD... since when do you not crack jokes? Or was this one just too easy?