Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can you get too high?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by zombieskin, Dec 2, 2009.

1. I used to smoke a little when I was younger - like, 20 years ago, so I'm old :) - and recently started missing it/looking for different experiences, so I picked some herb up off a good friend.

I've had a couple little joints, nothing special, just enough to get a decent buzz for gaming for a few hours, then a wicked night's sleep.

Last Sunday, I rolled one up that was a little fatter; in comparison to a cigarette's size, it was about 50% weed, 50% tobacco. My wife had a few hits, but thought it was too harsh, so I smoked most of it.

Went to take a shower, and it went downhill fast.

Left the lights off, and after about 5 mins, I went from feeling great to "holy sh~t, what's with the flashing lights?!" i was numb, could barely get out of the shower, went to sit on the couch, laid back, and started tripping bad. Couldn't focus on anything, mind was going a trillion miles a minute, eyes wouldn't stop blinking, and they eventually rolled back in my head.. lasted for about an hour or so I guess, but I couldn't see the clock to save my life, then completely passed out. My wife was pretty freaked, she thought she should call the hospital or something.

Anyway, I guess I'm just trying to get some thoughts on this. I've never felt like that before, and I didn't like it. In contrast, I really liked my "gaming buzz", shooting sh~t while high is awesome. :)

Anyone had really bad, scary, crippling trips like this from weed?

2. next time just roll up 1 jay, and see if you need more after. and yes sometimes people can feel too high, which is just unpleasant for them

3. #3 SmokinTrichs, Dec 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2009
    Whatever it is you are smoking along with the weed, get rid of it. I think cigs are a downer. When I used to smoke cigs for 15 years, they made me feel like shit if I smoked them after weed or with it.

You can't get too high unless you smoke some hash off a skillet or globe, or eat some really good edibles. (To me, "Too High" means you can't drive anymore). sometimes a very powerful homegrown will get you somewhat dizzy too even if you are an every day smoker.

What you are experiencing sounds like you got high for your first time kindof. That goes away very quick, or did for me anyways. I could be taking what you are saying wrong and you totally tripped out.. that I have never experienced on weed unless I ate a lot of it in food. lol

4. It sounded like you held the tobacco smoke in too long. Next time just roll up the weed or put it in a pipe.

5. Try it with less tobacco too, for some reason I have bad reactions mixing tobacco and bud. (The exact symptoms you described) I can smoke cigarettes all I want and not have it and put weed in the mix and black out fast. Weird.

6. really? could you elaborate? i'm a regular smoker as well, so this intrigues me. is it a bad idea to mix weed and tobacco?

7. blunts seem to make me a bit anxious as well. i might have to drop the whole blunt thing altogether.

8. Wow, that is totally news to me. I have no trouble excluding the baccy, it just made the weed a little smoother for me. I had no idea it could mess with you like that.

9. I dunno if it's a proven theory, it happens to me though :p.

I can smoke as much weed as I want and just fall asleep gradually, but the other day, I put tobacco in and everything just swayed, felt nauseous as hell, sat on the toilet for like an hour constantly nodding in and out.

Not one of my proudest moments :D

10. I've had similar experiences mixing with tobacco, i think thats your problem right there. Although i did have a "too high" experience once were i tripped out, but It was some medical grade haze and a crazy roor bong, i got knocked out flat

11. for me theres a point when I smoked to much plant matter and I just get a headache or I feel soberish.

12. I'm not sure how I can further explain...It sounded like a tobacco high. I know from when I was a teenager and when I would smoke cigarettes, hold the smoke in really long, and I would get the symptoms you're explaining. But I never mixed weed and tobacco before, just a general inference I made.

13. you can get too high if its thanksgiving dinner and no one knows you smoke. that'll just give it away.

14. ask this question when you're talking about smoking weed. weed.

can weed and tobacco get you too high? who the hell knows i dont smoke tobacco with weed..

why smoke tobacco when you have weed?

why not smoke the weed and then once its gone, smoke the tobacco (if you like that plant)?

15. get rid of the tabaky. and yeah you can get too high everyone has their own cieling its a matter of finding your preference.

16. lol, i'll keep that in mind... thanks folks, i don't feel like a freak of nature anymore, i was beyond f~cked up that night. i ordered up a vaporgenie, mainly cause my wife doesn't smoke at all and find it too harsh for her, but i guess that'll trash any desire to roll with tobacco as well.

17. I have to agree and say it was the tobacco, I never liked spliffs. I'd say use a nice glass piece or just roll straight buds.

As far as the Too high part, You can keep smoking and smoking and smoking and smoking, and all that will happen is eventually you'll smoke yourself asleep.

Here's what i did this summer to prove this: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv480wHWM4o]YouTube - The Tree house 10/23[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3QvRs7GkhU&feature=related]YouTube - The Tree house 2 10/23[/ame]

18. Haha yeah man when you eat a super brownie you just get hella paranoid for like 10 minutes then you can't even stand up. Then you gotta go to sleep and sleep it off for 15 hours...lol

I wouldn't consider that too high. I'd consider it medicinal qualities for insomniacs!

19. i decided to smoke a little bit more than usual today. I started to freak out because i was in the middle of the kitchen with my dog, i was heating up some chicken parm in the microwave and i started completely zoning out. later on i was still in the kitchen and i looked at my dog and she was staring at the microwave because of the sound. and i saw her face and i thought. OH SH*T, SHE IS STARING AT A GHOST!!!!!, i felt something and it felt like it was strangling me. i didnt even try to do this but i automatically grasped my chest and ghasped. My chest felt like it was frozen and my arms went numb. And I felt like i was outside of my body. i tried to leave but i was frozen in place. Then i ran into the living room, and completely came back to reality. That was pretty freaky.

20. I need to get a clone of the strain you are smoking. lol