Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can You Get High Eating Dry Weed

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by the3rdman, Aug 20, 2016.

1. I'm a little confused about eating weed to get high and maybe someone can answer my question. I decarboxylate the weed in the oven at 240-250 for about an hour.

After the weed is decarboxylated, can one get high eating it?

Or, does oil need to be mixed with the weed before eating?

Or, does the oil need to be heated to infuse with THC before eating?

2. If you de-carb your weed then you will get high when you eat it but it will take a lot of raw bud to get you high, eat weed that is not de carb will not get you high. People concentrate the thc by removing the plant matter, then use the concentrate to make an edible.

I take dry bud and use the ice bucket method o make hash with the bud, I then de carb the hash and use it for edibles. I like to take bacardi 151 and put a ounce of de carbed hash in the bottle for a few days, strain it then drink.

you can extract the resin using fat, alcohol, glycerin, freezing.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Cannabis oil is very difficult for your body to absorb ..... and thats why you need a carrier. Alcohol, glycerin and oils are good examples of carriers that help your body absorb it.
    If you eat decarbed bud you will get high. BUT you need to eat a whole lot of it for your body to only absorb a little to feel something and the rest will just pass through your GI tract.
    Btw there is also a difference in the effect (and pharmacology) when you use alcohol as a carrier vs an oil! Onset and duration of the effect (high) are also different

Sent from my SM-G930F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  5. So, the consensus is not to eat dry weed, whether or not it is decarboxylated.

Back to my original question then, can I simply add oil to the decarboxylated weed or is heat required to infuse the oil with the THC ? I'm looking for an efficient and effective way of creating a single serving and putting the concoction of weed + oil in gelatin capsule(s) as an alternative to firecrackers, brownies, etc.

6. After decarbing your weed, you can put your weed in coconut oil (the high % of MCT (medium chain triglycerides) in coconut oil makes it a good oil for extracting and carrying the cannabinoids or you can use any oil you want and add MCT to it) and heat everything together for about an hour under 200-220F .... freeze everything all together for 24 hours then reheat again for another hour before you strain and store yoir finished oil.
    More cycles of heat and freeze will turn your oil from that giving you an active and functional high to a more narcotic and sleepy effect/high (good as sleep aid and for pain).
    Or you can wash your decarbee weed with everclear (to extract the oil in alcohol) evap some of the alcohol and have an alcohol tincture. You can medicate with the alcohol tinct of you can then transfer the cannabinoids from the alcohol to oil (for filling the caps later) by adding your tincture to the coconut oil then purging out the alcohol.
    Theres a lot of science in this whole kitchen pharmacology that we do .... my recommendation isnto read badkats and psychedelicsams stickied thread in the edibles section on GC
    Happy growing, toking and extracting brother haha :)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. If you put an ounce of decarbed hash in 151 wouldn't you dose with an eye dropper rather than a glass?

I tried Bad Kat's method for canna oil a few times before trying the method in Incredible, Edible Herb.

I never compared strength of the edibles side by side using both methods. However, I can emphatically state the taste difference between edibles made Sam's way (GD tincture to Solvent transfer) and the edibles made kat's way (freeze and reheat) is easy to notice (hard to hide?).

Even though 95% ethanol is very very expensive where I live, $40-45 per liter, I still make an ethanol tincture and a solvent transfer even when the recipe calls for oil or butter.

8. I make single serving edibles all the time and here is how I do it...

1) take a couple grams of ganja and roughly grind / chop it up. Don't use fingers to do it!

2) preheat your oven to 240*F.

3) make a small foil packet to put your ganja in. Think envelope made of foil. Seam the edges closed with the handle of a butter knife.

4) pop the foil envelope with your roughly ground ganja in it into the 240*F preheated oven for 20 minutes but no more then 30.

5) pull it out of the oven and let it cool to room temp.

6) remove the ganja and store it in a pill container for use when you need it.

What should decarbed look like?
    Well it's going to be darker. It's going to be completely dried and it's going to smell funky funky funky!

How do I dose it properly?
    A quarter of a gram of decarbed ganja per person is a great place to start. If you put an eight of ganja and decarbed it then you'll get around 12 single doses. So divide it into 12 little piles and you'll be able to eyeball it to the point of not making yourself sick. I use a digital scale and recommend you buy one.

How do I eat it?
    Easily! Take 1 cup of whole milk or low fat milk with a teaspoon of butter added. Add the quarter of a gram of ganja to the milk and warm it over a number 4 burner for 5 minutes. It should steam but not boil. Let it set for 5 more minutes and then drink it down. You could make hot coco if you like and it works well! You could also buy ready to bake cookie dough and smash a quarter of a gram of decarbed ganja between two small pieces of dough and then bake it in the oven as directed. Those both work in a pinch because I do those two recipes myself.

Just remember that it takes up to two hours for decarbed ganja to get you high if you make single edibles. It's because we are skipping the part where we steep the decarbed ganja in coconut oil or butter. The binds to the fats in them and in turn gets is higher, faster.

Also don't be a fucking heman and decide to eat a gram of decarbed ganja to your head because IT WILL make you horribly ill. Just start with a quarter of a gram of decarbed ganja per person and go from there. Remember to give it at least two hours before eating more.

The milk works in about an hour to an hour and a half and the cookie takes about an hour and a half to hit you. Edibles done correctly take 45 minutes to an hour. I don't strain the ganja out of my single dose edibles. As a matter of fact I grind the decarbed ganja between two spoons as I add it to the milk or cookie dough.

If you don't get hammered then you didn't decarb your ganja correctly. It's just that simple. Good luck and be real safe because eating to much ganja is a far cry from smoking to much. Don't fuck around with edibles. Respect them!

Good luck and post back your results!

• Like Like x 2