Can you get any diseases or get sick from sharing joints

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Hash_smoker, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Hello
    I’m new here on the forum.
    I was wondering if you can get any diseases or sicknesses from sharing a joint?
    Normally i only smoke with 1 or 2 friends
    Few days ago i had a really busy day i was very annoyed and tired
    So i was almost home i was at the central station of amsterdam.
    I just wanted to smoke a joint in peace.
    there was 1 big wind so barely could light up my joint.
    Smoking in peace didin’t go as i planned.
    While lighting up my joint there where 2 arabic people i wasn’t sure if they where junkies or not they kinda looked like asylum seekers and they where probably father and son.
    They asked me if i had a cigarette i just gave them my whole packet ( 5 cigarettes ) so they would fuck off.
    Them they asked if they could hit my joint i said just 1 ok not more!
    They where talking all bullshit saying they did travel so they’re very tired and really could use this joint saying things about allah etc.
    And they started coughing 1 guy said i don’t know but i think i gonna die soon
    and they said my stuff was to strong.
    The other guy was caughing into the area of my joint.
    Then this african guy came random asf joining us with a beer asking if we had a cigarette and if he could hit my joint.
    I gave him 1/2 hits.
    I told them i need to go.
    The end of my joint was really wet but i was pretty annoyed and tired so burned the end and smoked it since it was my last one.
    And now i’m thinking like shit what if they gave me some crazy diseases
    so i’m wondering if you could get a disease from sharing a joint?

And sorry for the long story

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. anything that can be transmitted through saliva could be shared on a joint. you are probably fine though, we are exposed to millions of viruses a every day. at worst you might get the flu, just because your buddies were coughing in your general direction with out covering their mouths, but your body has the tools to fight off any virus.

3. Can coronavirus be transmitted by things like door handles and how long does it survive? - Jean Jimenez, Panama
    If someone infected with the virus coughs on to their hand and then touches something, that surface may become contaminated. Door handles are a good example of a surface that might pose a risk.

It's not yet known how long the new coronavirus might be able to live on such surfaces. Experts suspect it is hours rather than days but it is best to wash your hands regularly to help reduce the risk of infection and spread of the virus.

Can you catch the virus from food prepared by an infected individual? - Sean McIntyre, Brisbane, Australia
    Someone infected with coronavirus could potentially pass it on to someone else if the food they prepare has not been handled hygienically. Coronavirus can be spread by cough droplets on hands. Washing your hands before touching and eating food is good advice for anyone, to stop the spread of germs

Code:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-51176409

4. Well actually it weren’t my buddies.
    It where just some annoying strangers who wanted a hit and started coughing into my joint.

5. You're done for.

• Like Like x 2
  6. I don't share. Also, I have seriously considered bringing my own silverware to restaurants.

7. Thefuq

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. I asked for this for the holidays:
    purel.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. I'm now giving away swim googles with every 25 face masks its gonna be a capitalist flue if ever ....lol

10. You may have uncovered a terrorist plot to kill off one stoner at a time. I would call the CDC just in case you're patient zero.

11. Sounds like the guy had coronavirus, swine flu and madcow, you should be good though.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hehehehe very funny
    It was just a normal question and you just making all jokes about it.

13. Yea you think there a low chance i could get a disease with sharing a joint?
    1 thing i know for sure is that i gonna be harder for people and don’t let people i don’t know hit my hash anymore.

Just praying the guys didin’t had corona hehe

14. The possibility does exist

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. So you lit a joint and all the wierdos crawled out of the wood work. Sounds about right. If you aint sick yet your probably fine.

16. Let us pray.
    Coronavirus lays dormant for weeks. By the time you know you're literally gonna be locked down in quarantine.

17. Why you guys trying to scare this poor guy.

18. I was joking but now I'm serious. Op just needs to know not to share with randoms who roll up on him like they've known him for years, that's how accidents happen.

19. I am sorry. I couldn't help myself. You can get germs from sharing things that go in your mouth. However, depending upon the pathogen, virus, bacteria, parasite, there are any number of ways that you can become infected. For example viruses can be spread through microscopic droplets that can enter your eyes, mouth, or nose. So, in this example, you're just as likely contracting an infection from riding the bus as you are sharing a joint.

In all seriousness, don't share joints, you're mother was right to tell you to wash your hands, clean your house and do the laundry. That said, you're going to be okay. It's cold and flu season, we are all going to get something. It's even healthy to get sick once in a while, like a reset for our immune systems.

Anyways, didn't mean to be insensitive. Don't fret. If this news of COVID-19 is freaking you out and you are young, be assured, the human race has fought off all sorts of nasties before you existed and will continue to do so in the future.

To reiterate, from sharing the joint, sure you could have gotten yourself a nice cold virus or worse the flu. Get vaccinated. Chicken soup. Fluids. It's going to be fine.

* Unless the terrorist plot thing turns out to be real. Then we all better stock up on duct tape again.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. #20 killset, Feb 12, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
    Some are going a bit overboard but it is a possibility to get sick. Say someone has the flu and ypu share a joint with them. That opens you up to getting the flu. When winter time hits i have no problem packing up friends and family but they need to bring their own tool