Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can you get a cold sore from smoking weed with someone who has one? PLEASE HELP ASAP

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Budlover09, Mar 5, 2009.

1. My friend was in jail for about two days. she didnt really drink or eat she kept licking her lips and she came home she went straight to sleep two days later her lip swells up and she has a cold sore, I smoked two pulls of a clip of a blunt that she had in the ash tray can i get a cold sore?

2. if you exchange saliva so, yes.

3. In a word..... yes. Thats how i got fucking herps of the mouth:mad: Havent had a cold sore since my first one over a year ago.

4. I usually smoke out of a pipe and after someone hits the pipe and passes it I use the lighter to heat up the part of the pipe you put your lips on. The heat from the flame kills the germs.

5. yeaaa dude, i've been having a persistent outbreak of it for like 4 months now(barely visible at all but it tingles) that im pretty sure started from smoking with someone that had it... it can be annoying and depressing... but its really best to not worry about it and to realize - 90 percent of people over 50 have it. like 10 percent of us have it by the time we're 12. so its really not as rare or as horrible as people make it out to seem. its still a blow... but atleast it isn't fatal, i read only 5 percent of people consider it an actual health problem.

buuut it is one of the main downsides to smoking weed :-\ rubbing bongs all over eachothers faces haha.
    its actually made me kinda hesitant to share with people, i've been taking my own bowl around when i go out... not the safest thing to do law wise... and also makes people feel like you think they're dirty... haha but o well
    hang in there man, i've been driving myself crazy but its not worth it!

6. nuckaa you got that herp.

ditto.
    I actually stopped smokn with people from my peice nor do i smoke with people like that anymore.
    I burn the fuck outa the tip & try to clean my peice as much as i can. (i clean it about every 3 to 4 weeks)

i'm going to tell my gf to do the same >.< lmaoo.

7. no the THC kills it. haha just playing you got herpies.

8. It would be true, if cold sores weren't caused by a virus. Which make them that much more of a bitch.

Don't worry though up to 90% of the US population has had one in their life time. That means 90% of the people have the herpes simplex virus in one way or another dormant in their bodies.

Myself included :(

Your friend who went to jail may have experienced a great amount of stress, triggering an outbreak.

9. that my friend is called herpes.

10. I must be really high but LMAO!

11. Yeah coldsores=herpes.
    Dont even think about sticking it in her.

12. #12 Zooloo, Mar 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2009
    Alexman, the herpes virus is only located in the infected areas. If shes never had herpes down there then she doesn't have genital herpes. Up to 90% of Americans have the herpes virus (not just genital) which includes cold sores.

If you have ever had a cold sore in your life then you have it too my friend just not genital. The virus retreats and lies dormant in the spine.

I think that yours was a very uninformed post.

However, if an infected area comes into contact (like the mouth) with the genital area, then you genital herpes is very well possible. The eye is another thing to watch out for because if you get this virus in the eye it can cause blindness.

13. Dude chill haha.
    I am pretty blazed right now.
    Sorry about hurting anyones feelings or offending people.

But i'm sure that OP would google it eventually.

14. yes, yes you can. cold sores are actualy a form of herpes and it is contagious.

15. My bad didn't mean to come off as a nut. I am on a forced tolerance break right now and hating every second of it.

Peace and happy toking! :)

16. I know i should probably pm for a private conversation but its a stoner website someones gonna fuck something up.
    I hate tolerance breaks man.
    Hope you're toking soon.
    Peace.

17. I saw the title of this thread and i just HAD to say that it immediately reminded me of that scene in "How High"...
    y'all know what i'm talkin bout if you've seen it.