Can you gain muscle without supplements?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by exonmoble, Mar 21, 2012.

1. this was fuckin hilarious.

2. lol @ the thread title. I know what you meant, but still haha :smoke:

3. fuck it, I'm high, about to eat a lean pocket or somethin cuz I'm hungry as fuck, then go to the gym. I normally go earlier. Sucks having to see people I never see. Very awkward. Especially high.

4. You misunderstood my point. Can you curl as much as you can with a bar compared to the machine? I can easily do 80-90 on the bicep machine (bicep curl) but I can't do anywhere near that on a real bar. 70-80ish on a real bar. There's a reason that it's harder, stability.

You use the machine for squats? Again the machine takes some of the weight off so you are truly doing the weight that you think you are. Try squatting 220 on a machine and then do 220 doing real squats... Why do you think you would kill yourself? Why can't you do a real bench press? Also bench press works your chest and triceps while barbell press works your chest and bicep. There's a reason you should incorporate both exercises into your routine, not just pick a personal preference.

5. Incorporate some pull ups to your workout. Gotta gets those lats wide, MAN.

PS. Where do you go indoor soccer? I'm at the ASB stadium one, and soon to be the one in Balmoral.

6. Pullups all day baby
    [​IMG]

lol on the realsies though, pullups 3 days a week, 3 sets of 10 or as many as I can lol.

7. 99% of fitness goals can be achieved without the use of a gym... as long as those goals don't include building real muscle.:D

Really. I lifted 3 times a week for 4 months straight, gained 8 pounds of muscle(13 pound total gain), lost access to my gym(graduated) and am now doing bodyweight exercises at home, and I've completely stalled out on my gains, because bodyweight exercises just don't produce the same results.

8. Wholly shit, i'm at the ASB one near the waterfront

9. so i've decided that i'm not going to go to the gym yet, as it's actually alot more than 20$ a week. So i'm going to buy 10kg weights and workout at home for awhile then maybe upgrade to the gym.

I know my OP was about gaining muscle without supplements, but i've decided that supplements are the way to go, my mum brought me a huge tub so i'm gonna hit that shit up and get ripped!

10. No way dude, supplements existed before muscles.......wink