Can you figure this out?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by TexasChronic, Jun 25, 2009.

1. O.K. Here's my delimma! Second ever grow,recieved some seeds from my local Herbal Medical Supplier ;) collected from some dank kindbud.Have been using CFL's due to less heat,24-0 has always been the schedule,well I decided to switch to 18-6 to reduce heat through the day and BAM!! They Flowered ?? Did I induce them because of the light change,even know it's not at a 12-12? Or are they automatic flowering and it was gonna happen anyway?

Sorry no picks yet but I did end up with 7 Females :D Woot!

[There 6 weeks in and average bout 20"]

2. sounds like the perfect age for cannabis to be showing its sex..without going into bud...but if buds are forming ...like your getting calyxs everywhere...my money is on an AF strain ..and maybe some hermie action in the seed creation. Or possibly your guys grower got down wind of a hemp run... but budding on 18/6 is not going to happen without the addition of Ruderalis in the gene pool.

my money is on the preflowers though ..not on actuall budding.

FYI if you plant bagseed ..and find every plant is a female .. watch for hermies starting about mid way thru flower

peace

3. Thanks for the advice,I had thought that they only showed there sex when budding..Will i be able to tell after a week,if it's just showin or buddin i was trying to get them a little bigger.

Had 2 outa 11 germinated ended up being males.I was worried if they do bud and I dont get them on 12-12 then they will Hermie.:confused:

I'll try to get picks up soon :eek: