can you dry too much

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by ram0120, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Aloha gang, I live in Hawaii and I want to be sure and dry my buds right. What is normal time in my climate to dry some buds in a closet small fan blowing. I know all about the stems breaking but, it seems like here in hawaii even after the stem breaks it is a little moist in the middle of the juicy nugs.. Just want to be right any help would be great..
    mahalo..

2. You want to let the buds dry hanging upside down, until they feel/look dry. Then put them into jars or bags (This is called Curing), then the moisture will redistribute. Then you may want to dry them more, then cure more, until they are at your desired dryness/wetness.

If you dry them too much, the smoke will be harsher. So be careful with how much you let them dry for.

Good Luck. :)

3. It's ALWAYS better to go too dry than too moist and risk mold, especially in your climate.. You'll be surprised how much moisture comes back when you start curing them. I always dry until the stem snaps and doesn't fold when you bend it, then start curing

4. what ipack said..^