Can you donate blood while smoking mj?

Discussion in 'General' started by Weezy D, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Not literally while smoking, but I know I would fail a drug test as I smoked yesterday.

I have an appointment at the Puget Sound Blood Center to donate Apheresis Plasma for some cash but I never thought to ask if having smoked weed would matter. Can they detect THC in your blood stream? Would they? Would it be irresponsible or dangerous to try to do this?

A little information would be great thanks.

2. Yeah they can, but I don't know if they'd screen it. They clean out all of the blood for impurities anyway. Like, if you're exposed to secondhand smoke or something you can't really help it...they expect to find stuff like that. I'm pretty sure it's not a drug test.

3. Well, I don't know much about this subject, but I'm sure that can't be right. The blood is going to someone who needs it, and I don't think THC blood is good for them. I may be wrong though, so don't quote me.

4. Well im not exactly donating blood. They will take my blood and separate the blood cells and only keep the plasma then the white and red blood cells will go back into me.

5. I donate plasma and blood every other month, and I've never had a problem. You just can't be high when they draw it from you since cannabis fucks with your blood pressure. Other than that you're good man

6. i donated blood a week and a half ago.:hello:

7. Well once its out of your blood stream it cant be detected because your body has metabolized it, its only stays in your blood for a matter of hours, till your not high anymore and your liver has taken care of it.

8. Selling plasma and donating blood are both fine. I am sure they test it, but they won't ever come back and ask you about it, and they won't ask you to stop donating/selling. Whether or not they can use the blood, I don't know, but they will still keep putting money in your pocket (or dealers pocket).

9. My appointment isnt until next week so I figure ill just hold out on the weed until then. Id rather not go through the hassle and I think a Tbreak would be alright.

Plus I can always just get tanked.