Can you dab out of as spoon or chillum by just heating the glass like you would a nail?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by ThePotPals, Aug 25, 2016.

1. I know a lot about weed and have tons of pieces and a lot of knowledge on it. But this is something I can't wrap my mind around. I have been using concentrates a lot recently in my V-One wax pen. Anyways I was wondering if you can just hold a lighter to a chillum or spoon and heat the glass up and then dab onto the glass. It makes the glass black holding a lighter to it but I never understood why or if it would work. They are very sturdy pieces you would think they would be more heat resistant than a little glass nail.

2. wont be hot enough

• Like Like x 1
  3. it might work with a torch but you risk cracking the glass if done repeatedly, the temp on a torch is much higher than lighter, just stick to rigs and vapes for wax.

• Like Like x 1
  4. lol i'd do a dab outa one of those nice little incense burners they sell at the headshop gotta be pyrex to take that kind of heat.

5. My biggest concern would be burning your hands on the superheated glass, other than that it would in theory work.

6. You'd burn the hell out of your fingers.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Not hot enough and i also know this is just a theory or question perhaps but why just stick with your torches and nails

8. Been using this method for years with an OG chillum. It can be executed using a torch, 2-4 torch cavities helps to evenly light the glass but just lighting the tip briefly from a distance then gradually lighting the entire bowl until red hot. I suggest waiting 20-30 seconds so you don't burn your throat or waste your product. There's a sweet spot around 25 seconds that is ideal. You can also light the chillum using a E-nail, but monitor the heat distribution and line your nail up to heat only the bowl end. Despite what you've been told, the heat will only heat up the bowl end. Do not attempt to use glass other than OG chillum or equivalent. I don't think it's quartz but it's compact and thick enough to work. Lighting too quickly will crack it like a splinter and you will need to let the broken chillum cool down and dispose of it. The chillum come in a glass case and run $3-$8 each. It's not unusual for them to break but if you're careful you can get months of use out of one. Cooler weather will make lighting a challenge. I usually hold the bowl in my hand and squeeze for 30 seconds before lighting in the winter time. You only need a tiny amount of product when the temperature is just right. Swirl the product around the evenly lit bowl and you'll hear a slight hissing sound and a successful hit will be such that you won't realize how much smoke you created until exhaling. Over lit you won't get much smoke as you'll have burnt it off in the bowl entirely. For me it has become a cost effective measure where I can trap an optimal amount of smoke with minimal usage. Also, stored in a pint sized silicone container for the torch, nail, and dabbed, and product stored in a jewelry sized silicone container, add a mini butane and with a matching silicone lid over it all. You have a mobile set-up that can be tucked away in any back pack. Be very careful using an e-nail in securing your chillum over a silicone place matt or two. Not the cheap stuff. Even silicone can be burnt through. Don't ever leave sight of your e-nail set up. Power down when not in use.