can you clone during flowering?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Potographer, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Or can you only clone during veg?

2. [quote name='"Potographer"']Or can you only clone during veg?[/quote]

You can but it takes a while to revert back to the vegetive stage and stresses the cutting so in my book not advisable but I'm sure they'll be other opinions on this matter

3. You can clone at any time during the plant's life, but your success rate may be limited in getting it back to re-veg. It will stress them out, and could be luck of the draw. I'd have to say that the earlier you clone, and get under veg lighting the better your success rate will likely be.

4. This is the one weakness in my setup, as many do ,, grow from seed, remove males, and clone the females, getting the plant to return to Veg, is very difficult, I think a lot of it is due to strain and genetics, I agree get it done VERY early the better

good luck

"V"

5. all of the above. i successfully cloned a flowering bagseed using just water, soil and sunlight and 2 weeks later it started vegging again! it really depends on the strain and conditions. it will take way longer to root than it would in veg tho.

6. I was actually getting a journal together on some current stuff and this is one subject I want to ensure that I put in there. I managed to skip over the part in the Cannibas Grow Bible where it is advised to take clones prior to flowering...:eek:.

I have some clones that I took from an outdoor girl. She was in preflower when I took the cuts and I didnt really notice. they have been in my clone chamber for almost an entire month and I didnt get roots until maybe a week ago!!:eek:

The grow bible (like others here have stated) says that you have to revert your clones back to veg before they can really grow roots. Any inturrution in the 18-24 hours of light cycle will send them back into the flowering almost immediatley. Its just too damn time consuming. When I take clones from plants in veg it takes me 15 days at the most to get roots going. Most of the time, 7-10 days. Save yourself the headache and clone from vegging mothers. Another lesson I am learning the hard way:rolleyes:.

Note: I am a novice beginner so I dont mean to come across like I have any real experience. Like I say, I am just learning alot of stuff the hard way. I jot down my screw ups so I dont do it again. Good luck!